All reviews front desk century blvd starbucks coffee close to the airport manhattan beach park and fly los angeles only stayed one night nice room rental car an early flight would stay here again next morning grocery store quiet area late at night free shuttle
Reviewed 12 November 2015

This hotel is so close to the airport, yet it was very quiet! You can pay $10/day to leave your car in a lot in front of the hotel. Then a shuttle can transport you to and from the airport. When you return from the airport, I suggest you call as soon as the plane hits the tarmac. We waited about 40 minutes for the shuttle once we called from baggage claim!

There's a Ralphs Grocery store within walking distance (or a short drive), as well as a few restaurants.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2015

I was hoping my second visit to this CY would have been as good as the first, but sadly it wasn't. The facilities are in need a major upgrade. Here are a few of the issues:
1. The hallways are dingy looking on account of poor fluorescent lit illumination.
2. The carpeting appears drab and old.
3. The carpeting in my room had several large stains (could have used a cleaning for sure).
4. Service in the Bistro was horrible. It seems the staff was too occupied taking orders from customers rather than serve those customers such as me who had already ordered and paid for their food. After 20 minutes of waiting, I had to go back to the counter to ask where my food was (all I ordered was Oatmeal and a Banana). The first day, they served me an over-ripe banana (was still OK); the second morning, they said they were out of bananas! Really? This is Los Angeles, California, and this is a Marriott. Surely, no one thought to run down to Ralph's Supermarket and purchase some banana's for the morning?

When I checked out, the reception staff did not ask me how my stay was. So I figured they could read about it here on Trip Advisor.

Even though I am a Gold Elite member with Marriott, I will probably will try the Hilton Garden Inn down the street on my next visit.

p.s. On the positive side, the reception when I checked in was good.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank KYResident
LAXCA, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Courtyard El Segundo. I genuinely appreciate your feed as it allows me to pinpoint areas of improvement. The information about your experience caught my attention and I would like to extend a genuine apology for not meeting your expectations. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping and food and beverage leaders to make sure they take action.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us,

Jaime
Operations Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Older style marriott but clean and easy. Was provided a super early check-in (10:30am) which was very appreciated. Gym was good, lots of options. Hotel is close enough to restaurants/ grocery. Very convenient to LAX and nearby businesses. Would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
LAXCA, Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard El Segundo! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and surrounding neighborhood. We are conveniently located near the LAX allowing for an easy commute to and from the airport. We appreciate you for sharing your experience!

We hope you stay with us again if your future travel plans bring you back to El Segundo!

Jaime
Operations Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

Polite and pleasant staff. Typical Marriott Courtyard rooms, services and amenities. Clean. Good beds. A good option near LAX without having to be in a hotel on Century Blvd. Shuttle to airport. Located in a business section, so could also work for proximity to your morning meetings. Near enough to restaurants and services if you have a car. Drive a bit north and take a left on Fuji Way into Marina Del Rey if you'd like to walk around and take a look at the water/sunset.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Stayed overnight due to early flight next AM out of LAX. Shuttle took a bit of time due traffic but was friendly and apologetic. Check-in was quick and efficient. Internet was fast and easy to logon. Room was clean and bed was VERY comfortable. Breakfast available at 6AM. Shuttle was not running in AM so was provided PAID taxi to LAX. All in all very nice stay.

Date of stay: October 2015