“Great sushi”

Aji Japanese Bistro
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Aji Japanese Bistro is a stylish restaurant and bar crafting modern takes on traditional Japanese fare and house cocktails. We take pride in using fresh, seasonal and local ingredients.
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Bar, restaurant. Interesting assortment of different types of sushi as well as other Japanese foods. Raw oysters were great too. Service was outstanding. Everyone is helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I had the large coconut prawns. They were delicious with the honey glaze sauce. My husband had the Kobu tacos. Always a favorite. It's always packed on Friday/Saturday night.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

This is a great Japanese bistro. Sushi is excellent and I do not think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. Nice wine selection and most important, great service. We sat in the bar area. Our server was very observant and conscious of our dwindling wine glasses and water glasses. And the food... it was all delicious. A must stop in EDH!

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Aji Japanese Bistro is one of the most unique dining experiences I've had.

The raw bar is stocked with the freshest fishes which are hand selected. The result is a flavor and texture that speaks for itself, and doesn't require a barrage of sauces to make it palatable. In fact, I personally use as little as possible.

The appetizers, noodles & rice bowls, ans specialty chef plates are all made with the best ingredients and cooked perfectly.

And if you're lucky enough to go on a late Sunday morning, the brunch "Moca Loca" is, simply put, the ultimate plate of yumminess.

Lunches at Aji also have some unique menu items only found during lunch time. The "Big Hawaiian BBQ" is as incredible as it sounds. However, I find it difficult to ever get anything other than the fish & chips.

Finally, the bar. Simply put, don't expect to order a Jack & Coke. The selection is made up of some of the most unique, flavorful whiskeys, gins, tequilas.. you name it. The Aji Bar is where you want to try an old favorite, or even something new. Chances are, you will earn a whole new appreciation for something you've had in the past, or have always wanted to try. For me, the "Old Fashioned" with Michter's American is a 'must'. But you must be sure to watch them "Fireball" the orange peel, if you do.

In closing... I'm not a huge fan of online reviews. In fact, it takes something quite special for me to share with complete strangers, something that I truly enjoy. But this isn't about you or me, this is about a hidden little gem where you can feel every drop of love, joy, dedication, and talent that the owners of Aji and their staff want to give to you.

Finally, from personal experience, I can't not put a warning label on this place. Because it will change your expectations. It will set the bar very high. And, while I'm not saying you'll never enjoy another Japanese Bistro ever again, I'm saying, it will be tough if you go somewhere else.

Happy dining.

1  Thank Marcus C
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Menu is different with a little bit of everything from Korean Bibimbap to Sushi (although a more limited selection), oysters on half shell, full bar, good but limited wine list, several micro brews on tap. Excellent small plates happy hour, wine wed all day too!