“Not your ordinary Chinese takeout!”
Review of Noodles Fresh

Noodles Fresh
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in El Cerrito
Price range: USD 4 - USD 13
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Noodles Fresh serves gluten-free, imported Chinese noodle plates, soup bowls and rice plates. These dishes offer vegetarian and meat options. In addition, locally produced ramen noodles, craft beers, California wines and Chinese handcrafted pots of tea. Chinese handmade ceramics including tea pots, sets and individual tea cups imported from the porcelain capital of the world (Jingdezhen, China).
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I'm here in El Cerrito visiting family that just moved here a few weeks ago. They are still settling and had not yet found a go-to place for fresh noodles, etc. The reviewer who called it "modern Chinese" was spot on. I've eaten potstickers so many places in my life, I even cook them at home since cooking is my hobby. I think these may be the best ones I've had so far....very flavorful! The dishes with noodles are also unique in that the noodles are deliciously fresh tasting and seem to drink up the liquid flavor that they are placed in---but as a "to go" order, noodles are packed separately and you add them to the very generous portion of the "liquid" part of the dish. We chose the Taiwan beef noodle soup, the Hunan hot and sour noodle bowl and the Kung Pao chicken, all deliciously different than Americanized Chinese dishes.
Besides the potstickers, we also sampled the scallion pancake and BBQ pork for our appetizers. The potstickers were my favorite, the pancake delicately flavored with scallion, something I've not had before even though I've seen it on the menus of other forward Chinese eateries. If there was any negative at all, it would be the roast pork, also one of my favorite items so I've tried it many places. Perhaps it was just this night, but it was a bit gristly and a little fatty (personally, I like the fat, so that's not a complaint, more of a description). Also, despite the fat, the pork was a bit dry. I will definitely try it again just to see if it was an off night for the pork. And next time, I want to try the garlic cucumber and spicy cabbage.
All in all, my family and I thoroughly enjoyed our gourmet Chinese meal, and the portions were so large, we'll be having it for lunch tomorrow and already looking forward to it. I was also impressed at the restaurant set up and ambience, even though my order was a take---next time I hope to enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Since I entered from the back lot, I was surprised to see all the special teapots and the tea bar as I walked in, then past the amazingly open kitchen that seemed spotless and organized.
Thanks, Noodles Fresh for a delightful and memorable meal! Even though I won't be back until July, and several times a year after, I'll be counting on at least one special meal from y'all (I'm from Atlanta). My family that lives here will be in to see you regularly, I bet.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Second time dinned in this restaurant and will come again. Best of all is they offer no MSG and many gluten free dishes. It is very hard to earn my 5 stars for Chinese food since I am a Chinese. I know what it should be for a great Chinese dish without MSG.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Delightful menu & great service. The entree choices are quite unique compared to the typical chinese restaurants. The owners are eager to offer different dishes & customer-friendly. The ambiance is airy & smart.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

A treasure! What a wonderful spot and food was fresh, healthy, and delicious. Staff was gracious. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Claudine F
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We went to this place the week it opened and were satisfied but a bit underwhelmed. Well, we returned recently and I'm happy to report that they have added to their menu and we found it to be both a great value and a good choice for a warm bowl of tasty noodles and soup. I had a curry bowl that was so large, I took it home and used the thick broth as a sauce on vegetables after I finished off the tasty noodles. We will definitely be back.