“Good food, good atmosphere, not cheap!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Romano's Macaroni Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 88 Restaurants in El Cerrito
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My husband and I have been to Macaroni Grill a number of times. We have always enjoyed our meal, but have always been a little surprised at the bill. We keep going back, though, so I guess the enjoyment outweighs the surprise at the amount of the bill. Nothing that I have had is outstanding, but the dinners we've had have been well prepared, served hot and efficiently by competent servers, and enjoyable. The ambiance, availability of drinks / wine, and good meals make it a place that is a little bit more special than the ordinary dinner out.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The wait is to be desired, but the food is good and the service is even better. They also offer curbside service..

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I can only speak about their chicken Caesar salad as I am on a restricted diet. The wait staff is very friendly

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I hate giving an average or poor review, so if any of the staff read this, don't take it personally, you were perfect hosts. And let me clarify, there was nothing bad with the food, it just didn't excite me.

Between 4 people, we had garlic bread and olives to share. Fairly straight forward and inoffensive. A classic Italian bake for main, which was fairly bland, bt thankfully the portion size wasn't huge.

The homemade chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream at least pleased, on damp wet evening.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

With a last minute craving for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I knew I'd have a hard time finding anything decent that was open. Romano's Macaroni Grill, El Cerrito, CA rose to the occasion. Lots of pluses: ample parking, no waiting, attentive and friendly wait staff, and best of all, a great meal. Turkey way better than Mom used to make, dressing, real mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and actual edible veggies, combined with generous portions. And the wait from order to table was not that bad. Special thanks to Erik our waiter who was wonderful. Only regret - absolutely no room for dessert.