“First Annual Live Musical Performance”

California Skewers Bar and Grill
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Duarte
Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

Had a great time with friends and family supporting California Skewers owner Sebastian's local restaurant, bar and grill. Had a blast dancing and all the fantastic food that Sebastian provided to my many guest. Can't wait to do it again soon. Best regards, Johnny

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I had the day off, so I decided to stop by the restaurant since they are only open during the week for a few hours. I was greeted by the friendly Owner Sebastien and while I waited for him to take my order, he gave me a sample of his famous hummus and pita chips on the house. I ordered the seafood skewers (blackened salmon and tiger shrimp), both seasoned to perfection along with generous size of rice pilaf and garden salad. Everything tasted great and it is what has me coming back for more!

Date of visit: February 2014
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Please update these reviews. The ones I see here are for a previous occupant, Fanara's. (The family may still own the location but leases it out.) California Skewers is the current occupant and a fantastic restaurant.

In the interest of full disclosure, the owner of California Skewers and I are friends. I have eaten at his restaurant many times, and have also had him cater some events for me.

The food is terrific, the prices great, the portions large, and the atmosphere friendly.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 3 February 2008

Fanara's has good Italian food. my son loves their calamari steak. calamari appetizers are everywhere, but any kind of calamari steak is very hard to find. the guy at the bar that I assume is the owner is very friendly and cordial. the service is friendy but the pace is extremely slow. if you are not in a hurry, it is well worth coming and having a meal. I thought the eggplant was very well prepared.

2  Thank BKIND
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Monrovia, California
Reviewed 7 January 2008

There's better italian restaurants in the area.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook