“Zaiqa means good taste...”
Review of Zaiqa Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zaiqa Grill
Ranked #49 of 254 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Reviewed 9 June 2015

At least I think that is what the owner told us. He didn't lie. This is a hole in the wall restaurant in a very rundown strip mall on Imperial Highway in Downey. Don't let that put you off nor what you see when you walk in. It is bare bones table and chairs. Table setting of a fork and a napkin (paper of course). The owner, waiter and, we think, kitchen helper told us to sit anywhere. We took our seat and he brought us the menus. He was very nice in explaining the dishes. I've seen this described as an Indian restaurant but I think it is Pakistani. The dishes were different than Indian restaurants. We settled on a beef dish and some curry I believe. There were some other items but I can remember. We ordered water and we got bottles of water. Hmmm. Another red flag? Our food came and every bite was delightful. This is a little family business and I wish them success. The owner/waiter/kitchen help was as nice as can be. The prices were very reasonable and there were leftovers. So most things that would be red flags with a lesser chef aren't at Zaiqa Grill. The also tout being Halal which is to Islam as Kosher is to Judaism. By the way, a party of 14 arrived during our lunch. They appeared to be Pakistani, a green flag.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

So, I had never tried Indian food and since this place is near my home, I decided to give it a try. The outside of the building looks rundown but the inside is kept very nice and extremely clean. As soon as I walked in to the restaurant, I was greeted by the owner. He quickly brought me a menu and asked if I had ever tried Indian food. My response was no and so he proceeded to explain to me what every dish was and what it contained. I found this action by the owner as very informative and it helped me in choosing what I wanted to eat. I settled for the lamb rice, chicken curry, and a traditional sauce that is placed on food. For dessert I tried the Indian version of rice pudding and it was amazing! Overall, the food was extremely good and the service was excellent. If you're looking for Indian food then please visit this location. They are fairly new and would appreciate any new business that they can get. Trust men, you won't be disappointed.