OMG, I have been coming to this place for more than 12 years, and have watched this place slowly deteriorate. This last weekend (3/24/2012) was a joke and my last time here!
1. Security – Doors to the facility are left open, so anyone could enter at their leisure. Security signs said use key to enter, but the doors didn’t lock. There was no evidence of any security at all.
2. Employees – Here is the problem, the employees seem they hate their job. There is no hint of service and employees are rude and uncaring.
a. There is an old beat of RV, and plainly insight, where the employees loudly congregated around, close to the pool. Seemed kind of ghetto!
b. Would not let us check in early, even though the hotel was obviously empty, even after we drove several hours to get there. And the front desk seemed like they were doing us a favor.
c. There was a bid mess up on the room, and it seemed it was double booked. It took a couple of hours to straighten it out, adding to the time we finally got into our room. Again no apology and lack of caring.
d. On Sunday morning I went to buy a couple cups of coffee at the restaurant. I asked the front desk when it opened, he said 7:00. It was already after. The lights were off, and he said go on down someone would be right with you. I did, and spotted 2 servers on a computer discussing supplies, still the lights off, at 7:05. They did not acknowledge me and continued to discuss their business. I started walking around the restaurant, and still no one acknowledge me. I went back to the podium, and waited for another 5 minutes, and still the lights remained off and I was ignored by the servers, and the front desk did not help – I just walked off.
e. I called the front desk about a very noisy group next door at midnight, and they did not respond (I watched to see if they would even check it out, they did not). So much for rest and relaxation!
f. No pool towels at the pool, and the front desk had run out.
g. One of the spas (the best one) water level had become lower the then sitting step. We asked them to fill it back up and the person they sent had no idea what to do. Finally after about an hour it was filled up, but the temperature was so hot, no one could get in. It took several complaints for someone to come and check it out.
3. The room
a. The toilet was dirty with dark whatever at the base and the top lid was dirty on the bottom side of it. I asked housekeeping to clean it, and they did not. It was there when we arrived and it was still there when we left.
b. Both toilet paper rolls were less than half full and no more rolls were in the room. You guessed it, we ran out.
c. The carpet was clean as well as the bed and sheets, no complaints there. But the TVs were probably 15 years old and were the old CRT style. There were no movie channels or anything else that you usually find in a comparable priced room elsewhere.
d. Decorations we boring and the walls had damage in the drywall, probably from the nearby chairs.
4. The facility
a. The main pool is in need of much repair. The grout between the headers have been removed and there are many areas where the header stone have separated from the grout below allowing pool water to enter and pull soil and other organic materials into the water. This was evident by the stains near the areas mentioned. The walls of the pool have many areas that the coating has deteriorated.
b. The concrete along the walk ways and the pool have weeds coming up, and it is apparent that esthetics in not a priority.
c. Some of the common areas and the parking lots are not cleaned up. There is debris and trash along the flower beds and along the parking area. This was not cleaned up the whole weekend.
d. Some of the walls have stucco missing and there seems to be no attempt to do any repairs.
e. The door closures on the doors leading to the pool are not working so the doors just slam shut. Our room was next to one set of these doors and the slam would wake us up day or night.
f. The elevator looks run down and not maintained.
g. Our friends who were staying here to, was put into a room next to the laundry room. There was noise from that room all night.
Summary – This place seem like a hotel in some 3rd world county. There was a complete lack of service, and no one tried to go out of their way to make any improvement. Looking at the reviews and responses from the supposed owner on this site, shows he reads these complaints but takes no effort to make positive changes (it must be the customers!). It is also obvious that the budget for maintaining the hotel is either to little or nonexistent. The maintenance crew is poorly trained and had no idea how to operate most of the equipment. Employees were often observed horse playing. One male maintenance guy was busy trying to get the room cleaners to allow him to come over that night! This happened in front of our whole group. The restaurant was the only good thing to report. The food was good, fairly priced, that is except the deserts. The tiramisu had run out the whole weekend, and although we were promised they would have it the next day, they again ran out before 6:30 PM. The cake we got instead was stale! We have been going to Capri’s for a long time, and were happy to see them move in to the hotel, but this was very disappointing. Well, the cost of this hotel is way too much for such a lack of customer service. And believe me, you will not feel comfortable here, mostly due to the employees attitudes. We are checking out early and will stay in Palm Springs instead! Don’t waste your time and money here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Springs Resort & Spa presents an array of elegant spa therapies and beauty treatments in a relaxing hot springs resort environment with spectacular mountain views and miraculous healing waters. 110 large rooms and suites surround a lushly landscaped acre of 8 natural hot mineral water pools and Jacuzzis open 24 hours. Poolside and mini-suite rooms have private patios with easy access to the pools. Balconied rooms overlook the pool courtyard and mountain view rooms enjoy a spectacular view of the San Jacintos. 4 Vacation Villas are fully furnished 3-bedroom homes adjacent to the resort with easy access to all hotel services. Enjoy fine indoor & outdoor dining at The Capri Restaurant & Bar. Miracle Springs Resort & Spa is the perfect weekend escape from LA or a gorgeous venue for your wedding, corporate event or banquet, or group retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Miracle Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Springs Desert Hot
- Miracle Springs Resort And Spa Desert Hot Springs, CA - California Desert