The hotel location can't be beat. Views are breathless, facility is spotless clean, bed was comfy, and (most) staff offer great service and attitude. The lighting in the room was too dim for my preference. Aside from this, my 2 main gripes are their pet policy and poor food quality.
The hotel charges $150 for non-refundable cleaning fee and $50 for boarding fee. That said, my dog got nothing. I had to sign a waiver form and provide my cell phone just in case my dog makes too much noise. For a high-end hotel, I was shocked at such policy. The Westin does not charge a fee and provides a big fluffly "Heavenly" dog bed with a fancy water and food bowl.
The food was to be desired, especially given the high-end price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience luxury coastal living at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, a resort in Dana Point, California situated high on a seaside bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and offering a relaxed Southern California vibe near Laguna Beach, Los Angeles and San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel Hotel Dana Point
- Ritz Dana Point
- Ritz-Carlton Dana Point
- Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel