“Excellent Reataurant”

Luciana's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Luciana's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Dana Point
Price range: USD 12 - USD 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Lantern
Transit: OCTA bus stop on the corner of Del Prado Ave and Street of the Ruby Lantern.
Description: Orange County's Authentic Italian RestaurantLocated in a historical home in the resort town of Dana Point, California, Luciana's Ristorante has been serving the Orange County community for over 25 years. The decor is reminiscent of a cozy European-style inn, establishing it as one of Orange County's most romantic restaurants. Awarded the Southern California Restaurant Writers gold medal since 1996, three stars from the California Restaurant Writers, Zagat's Survey "America’s 1,000 Top Italian Restaurants 2008" and an Award of Excellence for its wine list, Luciana's has been setting the standard for classic as well as innovative Italian cuisine. Whether visiting our cozy restaurant or Villa Lucia, our Bed and Breakfast and Cooking School in Tuscany, Italy, you are sure to experience the best and freshest combination of the old and new worlds.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What a great Italian Restaurant! We were returning from a day trip to Catalina and we were looking for a good restaurant near the harbor, this one did not disappoint! We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals! Everything was fantastic! Wish we lived closer we would visit this place often. Can't wait for our next So Cal adventure so we can eat here again!!

1  Thank caitlynsmom2

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently dined at Luciana’s and really enjoyed the experience. The wine list is extensive and fairly priced. After sharing a Caesar salad, we both ordered the veal parmigiana. It was tender, well prepared, and served with vegetables and a side of spaghetti. The portions were ample and we could have easily shared this dish. (In honesty we are not the biggest of eaters.) Needless to say, we left full and happy. Luciana’s will be on our list for a return visit.

1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We dined here last Saturday. Hubby and I were visiting Dana Point from Chicago, for his birthday. I booked through open table and noted it was a “special birthday”. We were seated in a nice corner booth and ordered wine. We both ordered Caesar salads which were very large and very good. Then, we each ordered veal parm...again large portion and we could not box leftovers, as we were staying at Monarch Beach Resort. My hubby commented on the “huge portions” to which our waiter replied “well you are huge too”. Hmm...neither of us is overweight and we found the comment plain weird. There was no mention of my husbands birthday, so I reminded our waiter and he brought out a plain scoop of vanilla ice cream with a candle. He then added “i don’t sing, so happy birthday yourself”. Another strange comment. This is a beautiful, charming restaurant with good food, but our waiter was off putting to say the least. It would have been 5 stars, but just can’t due to the server.

1  Thank HudsongrlChicago
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I dont give many 5 star ratings , but after a night of great service, attentive waiters and excellent food I had to. We were a large group and they never missed a step. The fish pastas are light and very good. I heard no complaints from the group . The plates all went back empty . Bravo!

1  Thank Ronniebisme
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I dined alone at the bar since I was in town on business and I really enjoyed my experience.

The bartender was exceptionally friendly.

I started with the Pasta Fagioli. It was delicious, but it is large beans in broth as opposed to mashed up beans.

Next I enjoyed the stuffed veal (fontina, asparagus and sun dried tomatoes) with a glass of Chianti. Just pure bliss. Absolutely delicious.

1  Thank Bobbarrenger