“Ideal introduction to SUP”
Review of SUP Fitness Laguna - CLOSED

SUP Fitness Laguna
More attraction details
Owner description: Second location:Fishermans CoveLaguna Beach,CA
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I booked this lesson for my wife and me a couple months ago. My wife has wanted to try stand up paddleboard for years and this was my chance to surprise her. Nancy was quick to confirm and provide details, she also called to confirm the day of the lesson and ask if we wanted to try our lesson in the ocean because of the calm waters that day.
I can confirm the overwhelmingly positive reviews of Nancy. She was friendly, helpful, and very informative. She was very clear and informative with her directions and made us feel very comfortable as we got onto the water. We were both standing within a couple minutes and having a great time. We were a bit tired toward the end, especially our feet, so the hour lesson length was just right for us. My wife had a phenomenal time and told me it was her favorite part of our vacation. Nancy also took some great pictures of my us out on the water and sent them to us just after the lesson.
Nancy even made reservations for us at Jimmy's, a great local restaurant just down the road.
The weather was great, parking was readily available and free. Dana Point is a beautiful town. I really don't have anything negative to say. It was a great morning that my wife and I were able to share and Nancy made it truly memorable. I only wish our vacation was longer so we could have rented boards and gone out again.
Nancy, thanks for everything and congratulations on the engagement!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Are you from the Midwest? Have to travel by airplane to get to an ocean? Want to experience a lifestyle sport enjoyed by coastal communities? Not extremely adventurous but want to get involved and get in the water? Then paddle boarding can be your thing and Nancy is definitely your instructor. I was fortunate to get a lesson scheduled on short notice, but if you want this gem of an instructor, I suggest calling ahead, she is worth it! Nancy met us at the docks as she instructed, and immediately put everyone at ease with her friendly and matter of fact approach. I regret I didn't join in on the lesson, but my two boys did, and they were up on the boards in minute and cruising around Dana Point Harbor right away. I looked at paddle boarding in Laguna Beach, La JOlla and Dana Point, and I felt choosing a first time lesson in the Dana Point Harbor was probably the wisest choice, seemed very safe but still fine. Water was calm. Nancy expertly offered tips, the kids were comfortable with her without feeling awkward and she navigated them safely back to the dock. There were about 50 plus water travelers in the harbor including small boats, kayaks, etc, and everyone was quite chill, and participants were from all age groups. So parents and teen kids would both enjoy. My active sportsman, my 14 year old said it was the best part of our five day trip to the coast. P.S. public restrooms available across from Aventura Sailing association in case you need to change clothes, etc. Paying online went smoothly and easiest probably for all.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Our paddle boarding lesson was wonderful! We had four novices (three teens and one parent), and Nancy had everyone standing on their boards in the first 10 minutes. Her instruction made all the difference. It was a truly memorable hour -- fun for everyone and lots of pictures to prove it. We highly recommend Nancy, who is absolutely delightful.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I decided to try stand up paddle board for the first time and I am so glad I found Nancy through tripadvisor! It was like I was boarding with an old friend, she was so friendly and knowledgable. We went to Dana Point Harbor, she explained how to paddle and stand up, and off we went! We didn't even get wet! I am so thankful Nancy took her iphone and took pictures of us, which she forwarded to us right away. The best part was that when we were over by the mouth of the harbor we saw a pod of dolphins playing around. We paddled over and they swam around and under our boards and were just as curious about us as we were about them. What an amazing experience. I really hope I'll make it to Laguna Beach again next year, and if I do I will definitely call Nancy again and this time we'll go out in the ocean!

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My daughter (15) and I decided to try SUP for the first time during a recent visit to California and took a lesson from Nancy in Dana Point harbor. We both had such an amazing time. Nancy is a terrific instructor and she made the entire experience so enjoyable. She even spent the extra time to introduce the sport to my younger son who had been too nervous to go along on our lesson. She patiently taught him how to stand and paddle on her board in just a few minutes and let him join us on the water. He loved it so much he can't wait to return to California and go out on the water with Nancy again. We will definitely be back.