“great first time paddle board experience”
Review of SUP Fitness Laguna - CLOSED

SUP Fitness Laguna
More attraction details
Owner description: Second location:Fishermans CoveLaguna Beach,CA
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I decided to try stand up paddle board for the first time and I am so glad I found Nancy through tripadvisor! It was like I was boarding with an old friend, she was so friendly and knowledgable. We went to Dana Point Harbor, she explained how to paddle and stand up, and off we went! We didn't even get wet! I am so thankful Nancy took her iphone and took pictures of us, which she forwarded to us right away. The best part was that when we were over by the mouth of the harbor we saw a pod of dolphins playing around. We paddled over and they swam around and under our boards and were just as curious about us as we were about them. What an amazing experience. I really hope I'll make it to Laguna Beach again next year, and if I do I will definitely call Nancy again and this time we'll go out in the ocean!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

My daughter (15) and I decided to try SUP for the first time during a recent visit to California and took a lesson from Nancy in Dana Point harbor. We both had such an amazing time. Nancy is a terrific instructor and she made the entire experience so enjoyable. She even spent the extra time to introduce the sport to my younger son who had been too nervous to go along on our lesson. She patiently taught him how to stand and paddle on her board in just a few minutes and let him join us on the water. He loved it so much he can't wait to return to California and go out on the water with Nancy again. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

After years of walking the Dana point harbor and watching the number of SUP's increase each year, I finally decided to give it a try. I took a lesson with Nancy who was not only a great and patient instructor (I am 65 and not in the best of shape) but she was so personable I felt like I was out with a friend. What a great way to get some exercise, fresh air and beautiful scenery!

I heartily recommend taking a lesson from Nancy if you are visiting the area or if you are a local like me you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner. It's good to take a lesson as there are some tricks to make it easier or if you have some fear like I did, Nancy will put you at ease and start you on your way to a new favorite past time.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

A friend and I decided to try SUP, and I booked with Nancy by phone. You can pay in person or online (a quick, smooth process). I am not known for my balance and it took a little bit of time to get my "sea legs", but thanks to Nancy's expert coaching I was able to stand up the entire time and never got wet! It was a relaxing - not taxing - experience which left me wanting for more.

She's responsive when setting up a lesson, great at gauging ability and tailoring the experience accordingly, and a friendly and fun person to spend time with. The hour flew by as we paddled around the island inside the harbor, and I look forward to venturing out to the seal rock next trip...

Couldn't recommend this experience more, and anyone can do it from grandchild to grandparent and everyone inbetween. If someone can't stand, it would be easy to sit and paddle along like a kayak. It really is for everyone.

1  Thank justinenv
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I took a lesson from Nancy and had a great time. It's no wonder why Stand Up Paddling is such a fast growing activity. Anyone from 9 up can do it with about 10-15 minutes of instruction. The boards are very stable and you can paddle as hard or as slowly as you like. Nancy's instruction was perfect, matching her teaching to our abilities. She accommodated our schedule and was a wealth of information on the area. What a great morning in Dana Point Harbor!

1  Thank SkidadJMB