“Fun, friendly and much easier than I had feared!”
Review of SUP Fitness Laguna - CLOSED

SUP Fitness Laguna
More attraction details
Owner description: Second location:Fishermans CoveLaguna Beach,CA
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 November 2012

A friend and I decided to try SUP, and I booked with Nancy by phone. You can pay in person or online (a quick, smooth process). I am not known for my balance and it took a little bit of time to get my "sea legs", but thanks to Nancy's expert coaching I was able to stand up the entire time and never got wet! It was a relaxing - not taxing - experience which left me wanting for more.

She's responsive when setting up a lesson, great at gauging ability and tailoring the experience accordingly, and a friendly and fun person to spend time with. The hour flew by as we paddled around the island inside the harbor, and I look forward to venturing out to the seal rock next trip...

Couldn't recommend this experience more, and anyone can do it from grandchild to grandparent and everyone inbetween. If someone can't stand, it would be easy to sit and paddle along like a kayak. It really is for everyone.

1  Thank justinenv

Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I took a lesson from Nancy and had a great time. It's no wonder why Stand Up Paddling is such a fast growing activity. Anyone from 9 up can do it with about 10-15 minutes of instruction. The boards are very stable and you can paddle as hard or as slowly as you like. Nancy's instruction was perfect, matching her teaching to our abilities. She accommodated our schedule and was a wealth of information on the area. What a great morning in Dana Point Harbor!

1  Thank SkidadJMB
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I took a 2-person lesson with my 10-year old daughter. She just wanted to get on the board and go, so I hoped the lesson would allow us sufficient paddling time in the harbor. Well, Nancy instructed us in the basics and had us on the water wtihin 15 minutes. The rest of our lesson was while paddling about Dana Point Harbor.

Nancy brings a warm, upbeat personality to class. She's a great harbor guide and she made our lesson the more memorable by photographing us on the water. My daughter can't wait to go paddling again; I can't think of a stronger recommendation than that.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

My wife and I stayed in Dana Point this past weekend. One of the must do activities here is Stand Up Paddle Boarding. Dana Point Harbor is perfect because it has both the protected area for first timers like us and the ability to go out onto the ocean for the more advanced. Nancy and Alex were our instructors and they did a fantastic job. We brought our 10 year old nephew with us and there was a fourth person in the group. After initial instructions, we all jumped right up to our feet and were able to paddle around to the protected harbor. My nephew was a little slower than the rest of us, but our instructors were able to accommodate and make it fun for him. They did an excellent job and were able to handle the multiple generations. Thus, making SUP is fun and a great workout for all ages.