“Love their bentos”

Maki Yaki
Ranked #85 of 148 Restaurants in Dana Point
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We've been coming here for about a year now. The food has been consistently good. We always order their combination bentos. They are a great deal for the amount and variety of food you get. We like the salmon teriyaki and pork tonkatsu. Nice people who work here, too. I don't each sushi so I can't comment on that.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I love mango and Maki Yaki has the best Mango Avocado salad. I get it every time. I also get the Avocado Rolls, because they are perfect. The gentleman who runs this sweet little restaurant is fast, professional and very kind. The prices are great, usually the music is good jazz. So very good!

1  Thank whit142
Reviewed 14 February 2013

It's a tiny little place tucked into a corner by Dana Point Hardware but I love the folks who work there and the food they serve. This is beach-culture, Japanese food - fast with no attitude. The salads are delicious, the sushi fresh, the prices unbeatable. I go there every chance I get.

Reviewed 4 November 2010

Maki Yaki has a great lunch combination for about $8.00 for sushi or an entree with salad and soup. My mom and I ordered the California and Crispy rolls for lunch. We both loved our food and thought that our food was made fresh and tasted wonderful. Maki Yaki offer standard Japanese fare for dinner. The dinners are under $15.00 for most items.
This is not a pretentious Orange County sushi bar. It is in a strip mall located between Del Prado South bound and PCH North bound where the highway turns one way in Dana Point but they have a driveway on both roads. You would be fine going there for dinner straight off the beach in your shorts with your sunburn beginning to tingle.
Maki Yaki delivers locally. So if you are in town and don't want to leave your hotel, give them a call. I don't think you will be disappointed.

2  Thank SAS8721