“Whale watching”

Dana Wharf Whale Watching & Sportfishing
Ranked #4 of 23 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale Watching Adventures, Charters , Fishing and more from Dana Point
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Brought our two Great Granddaughters on this trip. One, she's five, really enjoyed seeing the dolphins and the other one, she's almost four, really liked going on the boat. My husband and I usually don't see any whales when we go on a whale watching cruise but we did today. I would go out every day if I could. We will go again some time.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Donna K, Manager at Dana Wharf Whale Watching & Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

The first thing we do each morning as a service team is check out and review our reviews. What a way for us to start the day....that is by reading what you wrote about what we offer the public and the manner in which we serve....our greatest asset....our clientele. Please revisit us time and time again and feel free to introduce yourself so that we may thank you in person.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,174)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"blue whale"
in 69 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I were staying in San Clemente for a few days and wanted to do some fun things nearby without spending too much money. I was looking for something to do on or near the water and came across an ad for Whale Watching and it was half price for Tuesdays... perfect! I’ve been whale watching before (with a different company) and the whale was so far away it was disappointing (although we did see hundreds of dolphins, which was awesome). Because of this my expectations were low on seeing a whale, but thought a 2 hour cruise would be fun, nonetheless. Well, this trip did not disappoint... we saw 2 grey whales about 5 or 6 times, and even saw one tail! All the staff is friendly and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to spend a few hours on the water... and they will give you a ticket for a free trip if you don’t see any mammals... which is a bonus!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your rating of our business! Our team works hard to deliver a superior experience in a friendly and courteous manner. Your rating validates our mission, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We are returning customers and wanted to experience the twilight tour. While the boat crew was great, and we met wonderful people from near and far, I think we prefer daytime fishing during the summer/fall. That's our preference but either way you will not be disappointed (if you remember fishing does not always mean catching). Great fun for young and old.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

There is no higher accolade than praise from a customer. Thank you for your rating. We will work to continue living up to that praise.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My son desperately wanted to go fishing during our recent trip to L.A. Our 1/2 day trip on Reel Fun was perfect. I was able to rent gear, and we could even order lunch on the boat. The captain and crew worked hard to try and make sure everyone caught a fish. My son caught a calico bass which made his trip to CA a success.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We are honored by the review you posted about your experience with us. While we are constantly told face to face how much customers enjoy our service, it takes a very special person to proclaim to the online world that they should check us out. You are one of those individuals and we are proud that you do business with us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I went at the recommendation of a family member who lives near Dana Point and was very pleased by my experience. Great crew, nice vessel, informative excursion, reasonably priced food and drinks (including adult beverages) and overall an awesome experience seeing whales and dolphins.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Donna K, Manager at Dana Wharf Whale Watching & Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for both your patronage and for posting such generous comments regarding our business. We work very hard to ensure that we please wonderful customers like you. Thank you for validating that we are accomplishing that goal.