All reviews room facing the highway business trip nice business hotel third floor room have stayed here several times business center directly across the street front desk staff pleasant stay quiet location nice pool comfortable room up to date santana row lobby gym rollaway
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Pros: The lobby, business center and lounge area have been renovated. Staff professional. Location very close to Apple headquarters. Cons: The walls in my room were very thin. I could clearly hear my next door neighbor speaking on a business call at 6am. It was as if he was in the room with us. Pro: The front desk staff was very accommodating and took steps to remind the guest regarding the 9pm-8am quite time hours. Pro: Room was clean. Con: Bed was very hard. Pillows were uncomfortable. The air/heating system seemed a bit antiquated. No consistency in the air flow. I would only stay here again because of it’s location to the Apple headquarters. Not because it was a pleasant experience.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear LorenePW,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am terribly sorry about the noise levels you encountered while in the hotel due to your neighbor. I am glad to hear that the guest service team took steps to address this. The hotel does not typically get these types of complaints and I believe this may have been an isolated situation given the circumstances of the neighbor's work schedule. You had mentioned the bed. All of the hotel's mattresses and AC Units were replaced within the last few years. If you would be so kind as to share your room location with the hotel team at 408-252-9100, our engineering staff can address your guestroom specifically to identify any repairs or replacement that may be needed. I really appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback. I am happy to know that the location worked well for you and that hotel's high standards of cleanliness and customer service were noticed. I do hope to have the pleasure of your staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Just across the street from the home of one of the most technologically advanced companies in the world. Have spent hundreds of nights in Courtyards over the past twenty years and this one is in dire need of a total redo.

Room tip: The first floor was noisy
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Gary T,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding updating the hotel. I am guessing you are referring to the guestrooms that are scheduled to be renovated within the next 18-24 months. Our Lobby space was updated less than a year ago and is an extremely appealing space where our guests can socialize in the communal spaces. There are also options to work or relax in the many semi-private spaces. I do hope to have an opportunity to visit again.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This place is definitely not anything fancy but it’s very clean and well kept. We went on a weekend where they were cleaning the carpets. They said rooms had clean carpets but were damp. When we went into the first room, it was more than damp! It was soaked! We called front desk and the lady was super nice and immediately found us a room that had carpets done the day before. This was much better and not nearly as wet as the other. Room was spacious and clean, next to freeway but we didn’t hear anything from that.
We didn’t eat there, only bought coffee in the morning. It’s hard to mess that up.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

RosaKala15,
Thank you for your review. I am terribly sorry that your original room had carpets that were still wet from the carpet cleaning we had conducted earlier in the day. I am very happy that another room was available to move you into. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

A pleasant and affordable stay on the way to Laguna Seca Raceway in July. We saved a couple hundred dollars staying here rather than Monterey since we only needed one weekend night.

It is within a mile of a variety of restaurants and close to freeways. We had a third floor room and it was quiet and the air conditioner worked well.The room was clean but the hotel is a little tired. Only issue I had was the older somewhat lumpy beds. I think they could use replacing and I'm not usually picky about beds.

Breakfast isn't free but was really good and fresh. We ordered three different entrees and the Bistro potatoes are yummy. Larger size portions than we expected. Every staff member from the front desk to the Bistro were helpful and friendly. We didn't have time to use the pool or fitness room.
Overall we were happy with our stay and it is a good safe location too.

Room tip: Third floor was quiet
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017

A nice, clean hotel with the amenities you need for a comfortable stay. It is in a good area RIGHT across the street from the new Apple campus. The hotel was small, but had what I needed. I was able to walk a few blocks to grab dinner,my rooms= was spacious, clean and comfortable, the gym was decent and the breakfast was great! I was actually pleasantly surprised by the healthy and organic options offered at breakfast! The gym was tiny, but the machines were up to date...they just need a fan!! The staff was also very kind and helpful!

Date of stay: September 2017