All reviews contemporary hotel make your own waffles lounge area free breakfast great hotel early check parking garage living room rooms are clean walking distance front desk staff laundry platinum gym upgrades
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel located at prime location of Cupertino. It’s very convenient located inside Cupertino Main Street where it’s surrounded by different cuisine of food for you to pick from, and a Target located at the corner if you forgot to bring anything with you on your trip.

Room is very spacious, clean, and got all you need in the kitchen if you’re staying for long term. Since it’s still very new hotel, so it does got some kind of new smell in the room (but once you open the window and let the air flow awhile, the smell will be gone.) Front staffs are friendly. Hot Breakfast is also great in the morning with make your own waffles, cereals, fresh fruits, etc.

Some advice for the gym. For other Marriott/Residents Hotels I can find disposable earphones in the gym to use (but I cannot find it here.) The water dispenser in the gym probably is better if you can mark where hot water comes out (the hot water light and where water dispense is confusing, so the tray is overflowed with water.) Other than this, great hotel!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The hotel is very new which makes it appealing. Rooms have kitchenettes with a full fridge which makes it great to bring food from the Target in the same mall. There are plenty of restaurants around. One very good thing is that your laundry is included so you can do laundry if you need to. The gym is extremely basic. Breakfast is included, the quality is just OK. When I arrived I noticed that I forgot my toothbrush so I called the front desk. They told me they had a dental kit. I asked if they could send it and they said I had to come down, that they didn't send anything to the rooms. Service is average at best even though the hotel is not cheap.

Room tip: High floors are away from the strip mall noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Evelyn B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

I am so sorry that we fell short in providing you with a great service. We will use this incident as a training opportunity so this does not happen again in the future. I hope that yo will give us another opportunity to show that we can do better.
Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Evelyn

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This is a very nice medium rise Residence Inn - once you find it. It has a Stevens Creek street address, but it's on the inside/back of a shopping area and can't be seen from Stevens Creek. Go around behind and enter from Vallco Parkway. Garage is adjacent, also off of Vallco. Rooms are nice. Didn't try any of the other amenities.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for the review.

Best regards,

Evelyn

Reviewed 25 May 2018

There is a chemical (possibly formaldehyde) smell in the room, probably due to new carpet, paint and furniture. I was also wrongly charged for internet access which should have been free due to my SPG gold status. Worse thing is they did not act on my request for a refund.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SJCPTRI, Sales Manager at Residence Inn San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear Mon S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is Jarrel Estrada and I am the Sales Manager at the Residence Inn San Jose Cupertino.

I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 408-777-0188. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Residence Inn San Jose Cupertino.

Jarrel Estrada
jestrada@cupertinoresidenceinn.com

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Located 4-minutes off I-280 freeway; fronting a beautful green plaza with dining, drinking, & shopping within walking distance; or easy access to nearby Palo Alto, Mt. View, or San Jose for more dining, drinking, and shopping choices; this hotel is in an ideal location.

Brandi of the Front Desk staff was friendly and helpful. We had questions about nearby dining venues. She provided a good selection of dining establishments

The hotel had free high speed wi-fi, 24-hour business center with photocopy and fax services, 24/7 excercise room, complimentary breakfast, self-park garage, and laundry facilities. It also a a large spacious lounging area to entertain guests leading out to the patio.

We had a fourth floor one bedroom suite with double queen beds and sofa bed overlooking the grill patio. Large screen HDTV in the bedroom and in the living room. The furnished kitchen had a convenient central island with seating, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was roomy and had a very nice glass walk-in shower. There were plenty of electrical outlets for recharging electrical devices at tabletop level. The queen size bed was very comfortable and my wife slept the entire night through. (She is very picky about mattress).

The breakfast room was well designed with four separate stations -- bread & waffle; hot entrees; cold stuff - juice, milk, cereal; and oatmeal & toppings. There were no lines or queues like some hotels.

The compliment breakfast tends to be hearty and adequate. Fresh juices - orange, apples, or cranberry; milk- regular, 2%, non-fat; hot oatmeal with a good selection of savory toppings and cold cereals are available; fresh fruits - oranges, apples, and bananas; fruit bowl; Greek and regular yogurt; hot scramble eggs and sausage patty; EZ make your own waffles; bread - white, wheat, rye, muffins, mini croissants, and bagels; and hot tea or coffee.

Given the proximity to the nearby communities, this modern contemporary hotel makes it an ideal location for me to visit my family relatives again.

Trip type: Travelled with family