Open today: 6:00 am - 12:30 pm

More Info
from USD 95.00
More Info
2,339 results
All reviews gentle giants underwater camera once in a lifetime cebu city amazing experience close encounter bucket list small boat beautiful creatures local fishermen snorkeling gear short briefing life jackets do's and don'ts briefing area oslob whale shark tan awan
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I Visited Oslob and i must say the whale sharks are special, amazing

However this is quickly turning into a typical Philippines tourist trap- it’s a total mind /:#% if you are not on a pre arranged tour
Also I think the Cebu tour operators are capitalising on the tourist inflow rightly or wrongly

Why?

Well actually the two attractions are the whale sharks and the magnificent Sumilon Island- both are within 10
Minutes road and 15 minutes boat trip of each other however tour operators charge separate two trips whereas our fantastic hotel arranged a trip to both on the same day using local guides and transportation, Sumilon Island for snorkelling was amazing a real highlight especially with the sandbar at low tide

I would recommend you arrive at oslob for whale shark watching between 9-10am you spend 1hr there Whale watching this is established by the local govt
After then proceed to Sumilon Island at 11am for 2-3 hrs max, of course you can stay longer but there is only swimming and snorkelling

I paid 6400 pesos for 4 persons including local guide transport and boat to both the whale sharks and Sumilon Island

Extra was 100 pesos each boatman for whale sharks times 3, 500 pesos tip for boatmen to Sumilon Island and 300 tip pesos to Cuya Dennis the trike driver
This was extra to the 6400 peso

So don’t pay both as separate when it can be done as one single trip
Both Oslob whale sharks and Sumilon Island are well worth the trip

Afterwards the next day I proceeded another 20’mins by jeep from Oslob the next day to Liloan port to catch the 10am ferry to Siquijor, but that’s a different review !

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The most breath taking, calming and relaxing swim i have ever had. The whale sharks have a friendly and relaxing presence which makes you feel relaxed also.

I highlly recommend the experience

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We tried to go last year in january with a tour, but when we arrived and noticed hundreds of people standing there and looking lost we knew something was wrong. Supposably on that day the weather wasnt good enought to go out on the water so everything was cancelled. I’m not sure if some tour called or adviced their customer that the whale watching would be cancelled but surelly some didnt do their homework and didnt really care about their customer satisfaction because we were hundreds of people there disapointed about getting there for nothing and having to pay for the 2h transport.
This year we didnt take any chance and ask the divers in moalboal about the tide and wind speed to make sure we could go. We also check on the offical website to make sure it was open because it was good friday and at one point we had a dout it could be closed. But no notification on the website and everything was suppose to go as the regular scheduled so we were happy to go on the next morning. We woke up a 4:30 to arrive there early just to found out it was close for the day! People working there were no help giving us all different information about if we could go, were we could go, when we could go, where to rent snorkeling gear, how much to pay... in the end we couldnt go, along with all the other customers who had received false information about if it was open or not.
In the end, very disapointing!

1  Thank Dan K
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Magnificent. Extraordinary. Very crowded. A LOT OF PEOPLE. We have been waited for 3 hours to view the whale sharks but it's worth it. I hope the staffs really do take good care of the whale sharks. They are so big and so beautiful. Will visit them again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

i never thought I would experience this thing. For Php. 600/head (swimming with snorkling gear) I got a chance to have a close encounter with the whale sharks. It's surreal and enjoyable.

My only concern is that people / tourist should follow the rules and regulations. Also for the locals to take care of this wealth, if ever only a handful of boats can come close to the whalesharks, we observed that the whales were bumped by some boats. I know they got stress because of this.

Date of experience: March 2018