All reviews adam roosters bedroom park yosemite host
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic stay! The most friendly and welcoming owners, lovely cozy and big room, delicious homecooked meals and an authentic feel all in all. Dinner on the porch in romantic lights, and when you arrive and return you are greeted by Buddy - the sweetest dog you'll ever Meet.he truly becomes your Buddy, right Away! Many thanks to Adam as well, making our stay super! He is so friendly and helpful. This old 60s hunting lodge is just great!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Reserved through Travelocity. 3 days before my trip, Red Rooster emailed me to say that they overbooked and would refund me. They did not apologize or try to call me, but asked me to call them to confirm that I received the message. I tried calling several times a day, but no one picked up. When I called Travelocity, they said Red Rooster did not cancel the reservation in their system, but Travelocity also could not confirm either way since no one picked up the phone. I had to cancel my trip to Yosemite since I couldn't get another hotel on such short notice. A week later, I received an email from Travelocity that Red Rooster claims I took the reservation so they would not be refunding me!

I'm confident I'll eventually get my money back, at least through Travelocity. It's my time that I can't get back. It has been infuriating that Red Rooster not only caused me to cancel my trip, but also lied to scam me out of my money. I would highly caution against booking with this hotel, as I've read other reviews from TripAdvisor.com about overbookings. This seems to be a pattern, and not worth the risk of booking!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olivia Y
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked this place a month ago and spoke to the owner to confirm our reservation before we headed out from FLORIDA. Once we arrived we were greeted my a lady who was in her pajamas still cleaning at 3 and her husband. We were informed our room was OVERBOOKED and there were no more rooms left. The owner had already charged our credit card a month prior. The lady informed us that the owner was in FRANCE and could not refund us our money yet and we should email him. We had to travel about 30 minutes away and luckily the sugar pine ranch had a room for us to stay in a couple nights (or else we would of been even more screwed). Your warning is here people! We were also told that they use multiple booking websites in order to guarantee the rooms are booked so they are ALWAYS overbooking.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Overall this was a great trip. I chose the Red Rooster because they were pet friendly, and not crazy expensive given the proximity to Yosemite. The hosts were great and made sure we were accommodated well and the property was beautiful and quiet. We stayed in the John Muir room, which had its own bathroom and porch. Everything was comfortable, the only thing I would change is the bed. it is king sized, but it is two twin mattresses together. Still comfortable enough to sleep on, just a little awkward.

There was a little hiccup with my bill, but they resolved it easily. They have great customer service.

This is a great place to stay with the right expectation. This is BnB style, so it is pretty much someone's house, this place is not corporate at all, which is part of the appeal. Just don't go in expecting this to be like the Westin or something. I'll definitely consider this lodge for my next Yosemite trip

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 23 March 2018

The reviews are mixed, stay far away. I was told I would be charged upon arrival. I was charged immediately. Extremely glad I used my credit card. I tried to call the lodge 4 times. Each time, I was rudely hung up upon or told to not call back. Great customer service?! I am glad I have a great credit card to file a dispute in my favor. Do yourself a favor. Find another place.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple