All reviews adam roosters bedroom park yosemite host
Reviewed 27 November 2016

This is false advertisement. I complained to Hotels.com and they refused to do anything about it. This is like seeing the movie, "Deliverance." I walked in and walked out. They refused to give me my money back. It is basically a doublewide, filthy. The photos don't resemble the place. BELIEVE ME I'M TELLING THE TRUTH so I don't even know how they got the reviews they got unless people don't mine fearing for their lives, sharing a crummy bathroom, ugly rooms. It's so scary that I wanted to return to take photos but the owner came out on the porch and we sped away.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MAGGI H
adam a, Manager at The Red Rooster Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Several things about this review.

First and foremost we don't respond to reviews normally ever unless they appear slanderous. This particular review was expunged by Trip Advisor once already. The non-guest apparently saw this and re-wrote it but the substance is the same. Perhaps we are being stocked? This is a hunting lodge from the 1960's and by no means is a trailer. Our photos are taken with an I pad and no one has photoshopped anything. Lastly, when you rent a room in our quaint BNB with a shared bathroom expect to have a shared bathroom. we do have 2 suites with in room bathrooms. If you have ever been to Yosemite or want to enjoy this wonderful national park realize that yes you are in the Mountains of the beautiful Sierra Nevada range with one of the seven natural wonders of the world at your fingertips. Deliverance the movie is an insult to the millions of people that visit the park every year and an insult to the thousands of people that stay stay at the Red Rooster Lodge every year. Sorry, but if you are looking for downtown LA or San Francisco then maybe Yosemite is not for you Maggie H. All the best and safe travels.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We spent one night at the red rooster lodge because we needed a stop between yosemite national park and san fransisco. The room was all clean and very cozy, also you had a lot of space. But which makes this place so good is definitely the kind service you get by the owner and staff.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016

We spent 1 night, would not mind to stay longer.
The place is in the middle of the woods, so don’t get here too late. I was told that the dinner they make there (extra fee) is amazing, but we came feed so we did not try it.
You get a room as part of a house with your own bathroom and shower. The main room is very nice, and looks like a cabin (which it is) in the middle of the wood. It’s very quiet and clean.
The hostess Maggie was very nice and she made sure we know all that we need (Wi-Fi, food and parking) and made us tea when we got there.
We got a private porch, which was only ours, but was facing the entrance, so anyone can see us in there.
Pro: lovely, clean, peaceful.
Con: a bit old (the shower faucet was hard to use, some curtains were missing), no reception (you might see it as a pro), not a walking distance from anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ido A
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

It was a quick visit but a good 1 lovely beds and toilet I will be back for a longer stay, and ill bring a shag for some fun and food, Roast chicken with drizzled yogurt curry paste with baby potatoes and beets.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2015

It took me a couple of tries to find this home nested back on Dexter Ln (very glad I found it during the daylight hours) but I'm glad that I did. There are properties & hotels closer to Yosemite Ntnl Park but Maggie makes this locale a very pleasant stay....and with her directions, it only took me about 25 min. to get to the Yosemite entrance. The continental breakfast variety is hearty & she was willing to work with my later morning schedule. A toasty fire was waiting in the main room each night and though there's no cable, there were plenty of dvds to sample next to the fireplace. The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable....a refrigerator and microwave were in each room and the wifi connection was decent. Thankfully, Maggie will be opening a restaurant nearby in the next few months which should add to the attractiveness of this site (the local gas station was the only place open when I wanted an evening snack and they closed by 5:55pm!) Best wishes, Maggie, on your continued efforts to make this locale a pleasant travel stop.

Room Tip: Reasonably priced, kindly hosted, relatively close proximity to Yosemite
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo