All reviews newport beach clean place to stay free wifi security cameras basic amenities uber ride mini fridge short stay fashion island king bed john wayne airport tv freeway bedspread plug cigarettes costa
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We checked in at 3,00 pm but after finding an insect in the mattress (it seemed bedbugs to us) we brought it to the front desk and we were ready for checking out. The manager said it was a butterfly (?) and quickly threw it in the thrash, suggesting a different room. We said no thanks, we' re leaving, but he refused to refund us, even if we showed evidence of a dirty mattress.
In my opinion you should avoid this place!!!
August 2012. Cris from Italy.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank CrisCali
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Nicely decorated but it had a septic smell and the floor we coming up I'm sure from pet pee...it smelled like urine!! Was close to beach for price, and maybe it was just that certain room I got but it was horribly stinky!! Wifi is slow and hdmi didn't work, no shampoo or conditioner but did have mini fridge and microwave! Would not stay here again, I will pay $30 more for better hotel...but hey, this is the Motel 6 not the 4 seasons!!

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Though I thought the rooms were nice and clean, the pool was a mess and it seems like no one picks up after their dogs because the grounds had dog poo all over.

No shampoo or conditioner as they said in earlier posts.

The real problem that I have is that when I got home, I realized I had left a bag of things that included my prescription glasses, a nice bracelet, and an unopened game for my DS. When I called the hotel, the cleaning staff had not turned it in which is the same thing as stealing in my mind. I'd watch your stuff closely because the next progression may be stealing out of your room while you're there.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed here one night and left labor Day. No amenities - shampoo, coffemaker, dresser?. Wife felt she was in a prison cell. I though it was ok, bed was comfortable, flat screen tv. Would rather spend $20.00 more and get a dresser, coffee maker, and maybe a small breakfast.

Room tip: Stay away from front rooms near main street.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I chose this hotel because it was close to the O.C. Fair. Newly remolded and very nice. Some issues though for the handicapped room. The shower is nice, has a seat and easy to use but the way the have the curtain it does not keep the water in the shower so you have the issue of possibly slipping and falling. Plus the water pressure is not that great. Had to sit there for 10 minutes to get conditioner out of my hair. Second issue was pricing. I booked the hotel a few months back and I had a coupon for a free night stay. The front desk person took out my reservation and re did it so the first night was free but charged me higher prices for the next two nights. I said something to the night person but nothing was done. Be careful if they claim they have to change your reservation. Make sure they give you the price you booked.
Other than that it was a great stay.

Date of stay: August 2012