“Old School!! Step back in time...”

Marin Joe's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Corte Madera
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

This place says RAT PACK. You can imagine Sammy Davis, Dean Martin and the gang holding court with a great cocktail and a manly meal in the bar area. Live piano music is adding to that atmosphere on most nights. Sam and Jimmy behind the bar KNOW how to craft great cocktails and treat all like royalty!!

1  Thank Mary M

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Growing up in the Bay Area, some of my fondest memories as a child were dining at Marin Joe’s, my parents and grandparents used to take me there as did their parents and grandparents. The restaurant has plenty of history, it’s been open since the mid 1950’s and celebrities such as John Wayne used to dine there. The owner had a philosophy of focusing on great food and service and that’s still in effect many years after his passing. There is no secret to the food and nothing happens in a kitchen behind closed doors. Just sit at the counter and watch the chefs work their magic.

On a recent trip to Marin to visit family, we had a very special dining occasion so I didn’t even consider anyplace else, I was excited to be able to eat at Marin Joes again and with children of my own this time. The restaurant and food has changed little if any. You still get fresh sourdough bread with premium salted butter to start your meal. The burgers are fresh and amazing and the Italian dishes are excellent. Seriously, Marin Joe’s is the standard for which all fine Italian restaurants should be judged. It's even better than the restaurants I've been to in NYC's little Italy.

Now a word about the service. As I mentioned, I was there for a very special dining occasion. I considered calling ahead to ensure we could get their best waiter or at least mentioning to the one we had that our evening had to be perfect. None of that would have been necessary because the service we received was the best I have had in any restaurant. Remember, a good waiter isn’t constantly at your table asking how the food is, if you want desert or if you want him to recite the evening’s specials. A good waiter leaves you alone to enjoy your meal but has a watchful eye so that if you ever lift a finger, they are right there to help. I tipped generously and it was well earned.

Would I return to Marin Joe’s? I’d fly from Texas to California just to eat there again. The place is legendary and is quite simply one of the best meals I have ever had.

4  Thank AdvTravelR
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Family owned Italian restaurant. The quality of food is superb. They go all out on the freshness of ingredients. The food is cooked in front of you if you sit in the bar section. Incredible!!!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

After a long day of sightseeing on the California coast, we stopped at Marin Joe's for a steak dinner and we were not disappointed.
The decor is dated but the food and service are top notch. Prime rib was excellent, don't skip the fresh horseradish on the side.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to Marin Joe’s for many years. The menu is extensive and the food is always consistently good. A lot of fun to sit at the counter in front of the grill and watch the chef do his magic!