“A few misses in the operation but the food was fantastic”
Review of Yummy Sushi

Yummy Sushi
Ranked #39 of 109 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Let me make this short and sweet:
The good-
-Great location across the street from the Del Coronado
-Our sashimi was probably some of the best we have ever had. My wife is not a big salmon person but the salmon we had was spectacular.
-We sat at the sushi bar and had a great conversation with one of the sushi chef's
-The 3 amigo roll was amazing
-I would go back in a heartbeat and recommend it for the food
-The outdoor seating could be awesome but it isn't today.

What they can work on:
-Yummy Sushi isn't very creative of a name and doesn't inspire me to want to eat there. The hostess at our hotel recommended it though so we decided to go.
-Get a hostess... we had to sign our names in on the list
-The patio needs to be redone. There are two A/C units visible and they had tables that looked old and tired. Put a facade over the A/C units and either get new tables or put a table cloth on them. We almost left the restaurant but instead decided to eat at the sushi bar.
-We waited at least 5 minutes to be greeted by a server and get some water to drink
-We waited at least 5 mins to get our check

I understand they may not want to update the name but everything else can be fixed.

Had this review been on food only, I would have given it a 5, if it was service and decor, I would have given it a 3.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This is our usually Friday Night Fare after a successful week. The Sushi here is very good and the menu selection is great, with specials every day! The Lobster Crunch is always one of our favorites, but you have to try the mixed sashimi and perfect portion nigiri!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I had a hankering for Sushi and Yummi Sushi was the closest sushi restaurant to Hotel Del.
We walked there and found the ambience to be a bit artificial. While the usual trappings of a sushi bar were there (chop sticks, raw fish, Japanese beer), it just didn't feel authentic.
The service was reasonable, except for the tepid tea (the waitress did say their was a new batch brewing). The seaweed salad was good. The Udon had a good broth but the veggies were not as good. The Sushi was fine, the Ebin Oshi was tasty but the rice wasn't sticky enough and it had a tendency to fall apart.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

We had sushi and fish after a long bike ride. the service was a little slow but food was good. My only complaint is that the scallop sushi was mostly sirumi crab with a small amount of scallop.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Just 1/2 block north of the Hotel Del it is surprising to have found a reasonably priced sushi restaurant. I live in New Mexico, so was looking forward to a better selection and quality of shashimi... and I was not disappointed. Best to sit at the sushi bar to ask about what special cuts are available, but there are many tables with ocean view for greater atmosphere. I placed my trust in the head chef Steve discretion to create a shashimi plate...and he delivered beyond my expectations. He not only knows the nuances of his fish (and bothers to educate if you show interest), but his presentation is also pure artistry. See the picture which still makes my mouth water.
Only caution...the wait staff is a little lacking in attentiveness, so if that will bother you, sit at the bar. And the visit will not break the bank!