USD 266
USD 230
BestWestern.com
La Avenida Inn(Coronado)(Great Value!)
USD 248
USD 223
Villa Capri by the Sea(Coronado)(Great Value!)
USD 323
  • Breakfast included
Loews Coronado Bay Resort(Coronado)(Great Value!)
USD 288
  • Pool
El Cordova Hotel(Coronado)(Great Value!)
USD 443
USD 651
USD 614
Priceline
1,011 results
All reviewsmansion roomsacross the streetcontinental breakfastmusic roomsunset roomginger snapshotel del coronadoold mansionyogurtcookies and milkhard boiled eggswithin walking distancecoronado islandgarden suitesan diegoone bedroom suitestandard room
Reviewed 24 September 2014

I was excited to see the "historic package" advertised on their site. When I called the young lady said they could give me that deal, but that a manager would have to work out the pricing and call me back. Nobody called. I called them again the next day, and was assured I would get the deal and the room I wanted. The week before our stay, I received an email reminding us of our upcoming trip. It said to contact them with any questions. I emailed to confirm everything was in place for the historic package... no reply (to all three emails I ended up sending). When we got there the staff was nice, but I had to remind them of three things they needed to provide us with, which were included in the package: a $25 restaurant gift card, free parking for two nights, and two tickets for the historic walking tour. Seems like I knew more about this special deal *on their website* than they did.
The actual stay was nice. The main house is lovely, but the rest of the hotel is a typical, mid-century, open 2-story affair. The "bay view" rooms are okay, but they overlook a street, too. There were a few little ants in the room, again nothing too bad. We would stay here again if the rates were competitive.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
GloriettaBay, Public Relations Manager at Glorietta Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Hi Nancy,
Thank you for the review. I was sorry to hear that our service was not up to our high standards when booking your Historic Package. I would love the chance to speak with you to learn more details regarding your reservation and experience. I can be reached at 619-365-0240 or kelsey@gloriettabayinn.com. I hope to hear from you as we work to improve our guest services for the future.

Kelsey McCabe
Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 22 September 2014

We spent 5 nights recently at this hotel and had a great stay. The staff is very accomodating, our room was a good size, well appointed and immaculate. The breakfast buffett each morning was sufficient if a bit basic - cereals, muffins, bagels, pancakes, juices, coffee, etc... There is a seating area both outside and inside the hotel and the weather was unusually warm this week so we ended up eating in a very nice breakfast room. Complimentary beach chairs and towels was appreciated as we ended up spending a few hours at the beach each day. Also wifi and daily newspaper. Coronado beach is right across the street. A great variety of restaurants all within walking distance. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2014

Loved staying here and the location to the beach. Very nice and helpful staff. Booked an room with a balcony and loved that we could sit out there and see the bay. Wished we had views of the ocean. Loved being able to walk everywhere. Only down part of the pool was very small and a lot of guests would use it. Used the hot tub one night and daughter got a cause of folliculitis. Beds were wonderful to sleep in- never slept in so much comfort in a hotel ever.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a contemporary room with a balcony. Worth the extra money- there are rooms that are cheaper- but a lot smaller.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us. We’re happy that our comfortable beds made your stay more relaxing. We are sorry to hear your daughter had a bad reaction while in the hot tub. We are very diligent in keeping our pool and hot tub clean, and we actually clean the pool/hot tub three times a day. We're also happy to hear you enjoyed the balcony with the view of the Bay. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future. Thank you, Kelsey McCabe

Reviewed 16 September 2014

Have stayed here many times and love it. The rooms have been redone and they are lovely. Very clean and the staff is wonderful. They serve a nice breakfast in the morning, fresh fruit, toast, danishes, oatmeal, etc. Love sitting on the patio overlooking Glorietta Bay while sipping my coffee. It's quite nice. Also, they have lemonade and ginger snaps in the afternoon. Love this place. You can also cross the street and you are at the Historic Hotel Del and enjoy their amenities as well, and of course the beautiful beach!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2014

This past week, a friend and I enjoyed four nights at the Glorietta Bay Inn (known as the GBI) while visiting San Diego and Coronado. The main structure, formerly the Spreckels mansion, was beautiful. That graceful, historic building now houses the inn's lobby, dining and sitting areas, and some very special, B&B-style rooms on the upper floors. I loved the shining brass and old wood preserved from the mansion's heyday, as well as the outstanding architecture. The grounds of the inn are lavishly landscaped with bougainvillea and a collection of exotic palms and shrubs. The pool area was attractive and well maintained.

As for the bulk of the rooms available outside the main building, they are modern in style, some with kitchenettes, some two-bedroom suites, and so on. Our suite had a decent sized dining and living area, with two private bedrooms, each with its own bathroom--a perfect layout for our needs. The interior walls must have been well insulated, because I never heard a peep out of any neighbors, not even from TV usage or from the young, active children next door. The decor in our suite was pleasant and tasteful, but not fancy. The rooms were kept very clean, as were the grounds.

The location of the GBI can't be beat. It is directly across Orange St. from the larger and much more expensive Del Coronado Hotel. A short wait at the red light to cross the street and a stroll along the edge of the Del's grounds brings you to the long and lovely Coronado beach. The GBI provides towels, boogie boards and other accessories to help guests enjoy their beach experience. Orange St. is the main drag, but drag is the wrong word. Orange St. is a lovely avenue lined with shops, restaurants and waving palm trees. You don't need a car to enjoy Coronado. If you want to experience nearby San Diego, there is a trolley (fee involved) that stops a few blocks from the GBI. The trolley takes you into San Diego, where you can disembark and later re-board at a variety of interesting stops. The concierge at the GBI can arrange car service and taxi rides as needed. Bicycles can be rented on Orange St. All the local vendors are friendly and helpful.

Breakfast at the GBI was very nice. The inn provides quite a selection of cereals, fruits, pastries, beverages, and charming settings for dining--outside on the patio, or in the exquisite music room. The coffee served was very good: rich and tasty. My friend and I were too busy exploring the area to have time for the snacks and beverages that the GBI provided later in the day, but we were pleased to know that they were available.

The GBI provides laundry facilities, ice, and machines for soft drinks and water. Guests have access to a computer and printer in a small private area near the main desk. Wifi was weak in our bedrooms but more than adequate in our living room area.

Probably the best aspect of staying at the GBI was the service. The entire staff is warm and welcoming, and prompt to assist when asked. In fact, most needs are anticipated before any request can be made. I would return to visit the GBI for the quality of service alone, though there is so much more to enjoy.

Among the few negatives were the lack of appealing views from many rooms. Our suite's bedroom windows faced alleys and parking. Those areas were quiet, which was the most important factor. But there was no point in looking out those windows at walls and cars, so we kept the shades drawn. Since we were on Coronado to experience the area by exploring outside and not by lingering in our rooms, the lack of view was a minor point. Our second story living area had a sliding glass door onto our balcony. There was a section of pole lying in the door track that at first seemed to be a secondary safety feature, there to prevent any intruder from popping the lock and sliding the door open. But we discovered that the pole was necessary because our door's lock didn't work. I wasn't worried about this, but couldn't help thinking that repairing the lock might be a good idea. Our unit's small refrigerator made a peculiar cricket sound that could get quite loud at times. Each room had its own air conditioner, which was a nice feature for those, like my friend and myself, with different temperature preferences. At night, however, I was awakened at times by the sound of air conditioners from other guests' rooms. The units would roar on, hum for a while, then shut down. The night sounds of any hotel take some getting used to. After the first few nights, I slept well.

In spite of those few negatives, the GBI still gets five stars from me. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The lovely inn setting and grounds, the excellent service, and the unbeatable location all add up to a wonderful experience. And don't forget the price. We had a two-bedroom suite at the GBI for a price that even the smallest, most basic single rooms at the Del could not match. We literally saved thousands of dollars staying at the GBI.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Some do have decent views.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends