See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We LOVE Coronado & thought we would visit on a budget....it's 6:30 AM & we've been up since 4 AM due to the traffic!!!!!! The amenities are actually at their other location across the street.... the traffic is so busy you feel like you're on the interstate. You have to walk across the street for breakfast which is just cereal, fruit & pastries-nothing warm. The only thing good is the staff has been nice but the rooms are super tiny.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for one night during a recent trip to visit friends in SD. Although the staff was very friendly and accommodating, the accommodations themselves were VERY underwhelming. We stayed in a ground floor room with a king size bed and the traffic noise was very prominent. The bed had a mattress on it that might as well have been from a 30 year old pull out couch. Perhaps it is because I'm pregnant and already have some back problems, but I was not able to sleep at all on this mattress and have been in pain ever since. The carpet was stained in several places and the drawers in the built in dresser along the wall were sticking out because they did not fit and could not be pushed in all the way. There was a remote that had a DirectTV logo on it but the TV only got a few local channels. The furniture was very worn and the bathroom was about 5 square feet, including a stall shower and smelled like sulfur. I guess I should not have expected much given the price, but suffice it to say, we will not be staying here again and will likely shell out the extra cash for a more plush accommodations next time we visit the island.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Happily spent two weeks in this vintage style inn. Centrally located makes it super convenient to access any part of the island on foot. The staff are all great, helpful and friendly. Derek makes a great batch of ice tea that is always available at the front lobby. Highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed 30 November 2016

We stayed two nights, it offers basic accommodations and is a older hotel but certainly met our needs and was very comfortable. For me when I'm at a beach location I spend most of my time out and about so I don't need much in the way of luxury perks at the hotel. AC unit was a bit a loud but we were okay with it. It had a large LCD/plasma TV, beds were comfortable. Bathroom did not have a tub, it was a stand up shower and the shower and toilet are separated from the sink/vanity by a door which is a plus. The bathroom definitely showed it's age but did meet our needs. It did seem as though hot water was perhaps turned off at night but was more than available during the day - I experienced this in a few accommodations while staying in CA. We weren't traveling with pets, but I love dog friendly hotels and this is one. It also had free parking which was another plus, walking distance to shops/restaurants. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Pool onsite is nice though we didn't use it. It also offered continental breakfast which was mediocre, but I didn't expect more. We also rented bikes there for $20 a day, this had pros and cons. Pros convenient and you could keep the bikes through the night and you saved a few bucks, cons the bikes are pretty old and a bit rusted probably not as comfortable as what may be available elsewhere. Bikes came w/lock and helmets. I would stay here again, we enjoyed our visit!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank collinsc67
Reviewed 6 November 2016

I had a last-minute business meeting in Coronado and the hotels that popped up in my on-line search were either unavailable or over $900 for one night. I arrived at 2:30 in the morning and found this Inn. They had a room available and it was $130/night, which I found to be reasonable. The room was exceptionally clean and it was comfortable (they have another building kitty-corner to this one, the Coronado Inn, which is where I stayed). Yes, it is at a very busy intersection but it was quite. The room has a small bathroom but the shower worked and had nice hot water. There is a kitchenette with a refrigerator and microwave. The room also has a large flat-screen tv. They also offer a continental breakfast (bread/bagels, fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice). I wasn't a fancy hotel and it's more like an old beach cottage inn but I was very happy with the accommodations and the service. The front desk person was professional and nice. I gave it a 4-star rating only because it isn't a fancy hotel but it was really great for the type of little inn that it is.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business