“Pricey, but very good food.”

Stake Chophouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stake Chophouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 109 Restaurants in Coronado
Price range: USD 2 - USD 35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Stake is a modern steakhouse with a contemporary setting in downtown Coronado.Serving USDA Prime, Dry Aged and Kobe Beef along with seafood selections.
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Went there on a Friday night, nice atmosphere , try to get seating on the patio, much nicer than in side when the weather is nice.
We had the Duck and Lobster with heart of rib eye and shared a Caesar salad. It was out standing ! !!! Justifying the price.
Only oops had to ask for pepper for salad..
Best food I have had on the Island.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

The food and service were very good, but not excellent. Better steak houses in Chiacgo and NYC. The veal porterhouse was excellent, my wife said her steak was good but not best we have had. I knew it would be pricey but expected that.
Other problem is they do not always have valet parking, and it is near impossible during the summer to park there. Huber or taxi would be our advice. I did convince the litel motel next door to allow me use their handicap space for I tipped the lady at front desk alto she didnt want to take it, so I just put it in her hand.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

My son had the $90 steaks and amazingly I thought that it was worth it. There were three steaks included and the top one was the best steak that he ever enjoyed. My other son had the scallops and he enjoyed them. The service was top notch and atmosphere was nice for our family.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We visited 3 times in 4 days- and had a great experience each time. Formal sit-down dinner, oysters on the deck, then a huge range of small plates with wine, margaritas and live music on the deck the last time. Every dish excellent. Can’t wait to come back.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Since it is likely to be a long time before we come back here to Coronado we wanted to sample everything on the menu that looked good...so we tried the a5 wagyu beef, american wagyu rib cap beef, the wagyu strip, molten lobster dip, both kinds of oysters, chilled lobster cocktail, fois gras, caesar salad, potatoes au gratin, baked California (like baked alaska) and apple strudel. Yes I will likely miss a car payment but what the heck! The a5 wagyu is sold by the ounce...$33/oz. so they made us a little 2oz sampler of each. I am from Texas and thought we had good steak but the wagyu was incredibly good and perfectly cooked. I will now compare every steak to that experience. The lobster in the cocktail was well prepared and not rubbery like some. The fois gras was comparable to any I’ve had in New York’s best restaurants. Our waiter, David, was very attentive without being obtrusive. I would like to pick at this place or find something to gripe about but I can’t! Maybe to coffee at the end could have been hotter.

Date of visit: July 2018