All reviews office door simple room cute place mini fridge san diego clean rooms walking distance beach towels ceiling fan back alley orange ave nice place to stay nice bathroom coffee maker big hotel street parking convenient location
Reviewed 30 June 2015

I had the same economy room #10 as previously reviewed, but my conclusion is different. Excellent value for money if don't mind a small room without a table, chair or a closet. Modern, clean, with TV, fridge, microwave, an iron and free wifi, and comfortable and quiet.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2015

Love this tiny gem! From check in to check out everything and everyone was pleasent. Nice patio to sit and have coffee, room was clean and decor very nice. Bed super comfy and updated bathroom. Irene was so nice she also accommodated us when we decided to stay another nite at the last minute. :)

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Irene A, Manager at El Rancho Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We have corrected the fan and the bed corners as soon as we read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

Pros: Very good value on a very expensive island for rooms. A beach like bungalow with access to all points on Coronado Island.
Cons: Understand that several things are under renovation such as fixing the light that stays on with the overhead fan. Watch the corners of the bed frames
Location: Three blocks from the ferry to San Diego and approx ten blocks from the beaches on the Pacific.
I enjoyed my stay at El Rancho because it was a great value for staying on Coronado Island. The room was very clean and accommodating. It was like a beach bungalow without having to pay for the room with a view price. Very convenient to the ferry to San Diego (a three block walk) and to the beach on the Pacific by the Hotel Del Coronado (about a ten block walk). I went into the Del and saw the rooms and frankly I prefer my room at the El Rancho at a quarter of the price. The owner, Irene, is very sweet and is working on upgrades and making her hotel a lovely place to stay. The area out front with soft outdoor furniture and tables made for a great morning/post dinner place to have some beverages and watch the traffic of cars and people go by. I would highly recommend the El Rancho and would stay there agin on a future visit. Understand that the location is right off the main road from the Coronado Bridge and lots of traffic goes by the front of the hotel. Early morning noise from traffic will be noisy for about a few hours and then settle down for the remainder of the day.

Room tip: Rooms in front #1 and #2 are in front and traffic at times is noticable. Double queen beds.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike M
Irene A, Manager at El Rancho Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

We have fixed all of the wiring of the fan/light on all of the rooms. Thank you!
Also fixed the corners on the beds.
We appreciate all comments that can help us to provide you a better stay.
Kindly,
Irene

Reviewed 2 June 2015

Room #4 is perfect for a single person, and at $120/night was above-average because of good quality bedding, excellent Wi-Fi speed, micro-fridge, cleanliness, and a ceiling fan (wiring is fine). However, I felt pretty unsafe the whole time, because of the following three reasons:
1) No one available. I was in by 6pm, and out by 9am each morning and could not find anyone to help with questions, or with #3 below:
2) The guy across from Room #4, who appeared to be a long-term resident, was staring me down as I entered the property. Weird.
3) Much worse, the next morning, a young man nicely dressed in slacks & white shirt, w/ name tag for a service industry, came through banging on doors (waking me, from which was hard to recover for work), cursing, and yelling for "Eddy". Two residents (including the tough guy across from me) confronted the man, and the man attempted to verbally abused them, but then thankfully left in a grayish full-sized Acura-like auto. I would have much preferred to have a watch-person in the office.

Otherwise, also great location and street parking was never an issue (during week days). I was in town for working at the ACSM conference held in San Diego's Conference Center.

Room tip: Room 4 has a ceiling fan and has excellent Wi-Fi signal
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review.
We are placing cameras around the premises this week. The police department is 3 blocks away from us. As soon as we knew about this external person “looking for someone” we contacted immediately to the authorities and other Hotels in the area. Police came to the hotel to interview guests, and it look like it was taking care of.
Please contact me to compensate your bad experience. And once again thanks to help us improve.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

The best part of this motel is it is clean. The room was just fine but book to the back of the motel otherwise you will get a lot of street noise. great location, you can walk to everything. Staff was nice and enjoyed the front patio to sit and visit. I wish the towels were a bit bigger but overall would stay here again. The price for Coronado was great.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple