““Pleasant surprise on the I-5, and a great value””
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Economy Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Great room for the price. Convenient to I-5, the noise level was minimal; the room was quiet and peaceful -- just what we needed. We loved the outdoor pool, comfortable beds. The air conditioner worked great and I loved that would could park right outside the window to keep an eye on our car. Good location, There is a Starbucks close by and Safeway and Rite Aid and gas stations if needed. There is a great Mexican Restaurant in town. Would recommend and stay here again!

Stayed: June 2015

Reviewed 21 June 2015

Stayed here in June - room never got cooler than 80 degrees. Manager refused to switch me to another room - said they were all likt that .... You are better off anywhere else than this place. At. 11:00 p.m. it was cooler outside my room than in it !

Room Tip: No good room here
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
EconomyInnCorning, Manager at Economy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Thank you for staying at Economy Inn. Sorry for Inconvenience.

As per your comment no one contact Manager/Front Desk regarding AC not working or changing the room so there is no question about to refuse to change the room.
In your case at the checkout time you just talk about AC not cooling down. After that we immediate check AC, but it was working properly. I think you don’t set proper thermoset.

As per our policy if any guest request to change the room due to any in convince we immediate provide this facility or refund them.
Our guest always says “This is the best place for the great value for price.”

Thanking you.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

A motel close to highway, very cheap, very clean. Small breakfast, outdoor pool, micro and refrigator in the room. The staff (not the manager) was not very welcoming and there is no place to sit during the breakfast and no bath (only shower), but still very good for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We are suckers for the old style motorlodges. We were headed to a big chain hotel nearby, but pulled in here. This one has been updated on the outside, so it is inviting as you drive up.

It advertises a pool, but it was covered with lots of big stuff around it, so I would presume it is not in working order.

Not much parking, and the spaces are small. Within walking distance of fast food and a convenience store. There are other restaurants, a grocery store and such a short drive away.

The room had a fridge, an old microwave, ironing board, lots on counterspace in the bathroom. There is free wifi. The toilet was misseated, so it shifted during use. The old tile shower stall is cool, but the shower head is quite low. There is no exhaust fan, so a shower steams up the room. The water pressure in the shower is strong. Much of the interior is block, but has been spray textured, so it looks funky. The bed was comfortable, the linens were what I would expect at this price.

My dog was allowed with a $10 pet fee. Some guests arriving later started yelling at me outside about their pet not being allowed. I said there was a sign in the office that dogs were OK, and there did not seem to be a problem for mine. Not sure what all that was about, but the front desk person was not friendly, so maybe they rubbed him wrong and he said no.

They supposedly have free breakfast, but the office area is cramped, so I am not sure how they pull that off, and we did not check it out.

$60 for two people and the dog, we were not uphappy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

An unexpected stop in a small town in NoCal off the I-5. The room was large, neat and clean with cable/HBO, etc., They have a pool and a limited continental breakfast and it was under $45. I was traveling alone at the time and felt safe and secure. A real surprise and a good one!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family