“Noisy”

Crowne Plaza Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My 2nd stay I was there for 10 days. The first night my car was broken into and it all went downhill from there. Fire alarm went off. We immediately evacuated our rooms and went to the lobby filled with smoke. We were then told it was a false alarm and to go back to our rooms as if we were small children. Then the weekend came and along with that, the riff raff. These unruly folks were allowed to run up and down the halls screaming, banging on walls and jumping around. I had to be up at 4AM to catch a flight and this went on till well past 2AM. Called to complain twice then went to the front desk to complain at 2 AM. NOTHING was done about it. I have another trip to Concord planned in a couple weeks and I will be staying elsewhere. And my travel companions room was NOT cleaned for 2 days.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hi Cozy B,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for choosing us for your lodging needs. I'm sorry to hear about what transpired during your stay. The inconvenience caused by the situations you described, the fire alarm, noise from other in-house guests, and the service level provided are not what we expected. Your feedback is valuable and shared with the team so similar situations may be handled in the best possible way.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. Do know I've also reached out to you privately to get more information.

Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel was clean, staff very friendly and accommodating. I asked at check in whether breakfast was included for Spire members, and the desk clerk said he would give me a voucher for a full breakfast. Not sure if that means it's included automatically, or if that was just a courtesy, but it wasn't offered, so if you want breakfast included, ask for it (can't hurt). The hotel is adjacent to a small airport, and there is some airport noise as small planes take off and land, especially if you're in the Buchanan building. Having said that, if you're an aviation buff, you might enjoy an airport-facing room for the view of the small planes taking off and landing. Breakfast was standard for a Crowne Plaza, although they do have a make-your-own waffle station. There is a trader Joe's, Starbucks, and Petco right across the street. Easy access to the 680.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I am a light sleeper and found the hotel to be quite noisy.

Some of the windows of the rooms look out onto the indoor seating area which i found odd.

The breakfast is hugely disappointing. Very little options for someone who has dietary requirements. Staff can be pretty rude.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hello fionamccoy92,

Thank you for staying with us and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. While I am pleased that you had an average stay, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced with the hotel's noise level, breakfast options and staff service. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I travel to Concord twice a month and stay regularly for business. As of late, there were no rooms available for the 3 p.m. check-in for my last few visits, and frequent calls to a Carmine (housekeeping) on the two-way radio who doesn't respond. Management should address this problem with more personnel!

Stayed: July 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hi Joe S,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during check in. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concern.

Thank you for staying and best regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room itself is ok as is the hotel. Overpriced but ok. The pool and hot tub area looked nice but it was too hot to go outside.

When I first went to bed I wondered why some reviewers complained about traffic noise but it was so quiet in room 203. Until 3:45. That's when the food deliveries start. And the truck is directly below room 203. So if you want to hear the beep beep beep of trucks backing up and deliveries being unloaded room 203 is the room for you. If you want to sleep later, as I do, stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hi jaimexplorer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate you staying at our hotel and value your visit.

One of our utmost priorities is to provide courteous and friendly service as well as a relaxing accommodation. While it was a delight to have you as our guest and mentioning our wonderful room and amenities, your feedback regarding the outside noise was a concern we could never disregard. I am sorry your stay was marred by the delivery trucks. This is not our usual way of taking care of our guests and we care about you. I would like to assure you that your comments have been shared with the upper management and front desk team to check on this area.

Again, I appreciate your review and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when you travel to the area.

Regards,

Zel N.
IHGService

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
1.1 km away
3.9 km away
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
Courtyard Pleasant Hill
#3 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Crowne Plaza Concord? Share your experiences!