All reviewstrader joe's across the streetwalnut creekindoor poolbusiness tripfree parkingvery pleasant staybeds were comfortablesan franciscocoffee makeratriumkoistarbucksmicrowaveratesnapacaliforniabart
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I am a light sleeper and found the hotel to be quite noisy.

Some of the windows of the rooms look out onto the indoor seating area which i found odd.

The breakfast is hugely disappointing. Very little options for someone who has dietary requirements. Staff can be pretty rude.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hello fionamccoy92,

Thank you for staying with us and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. While I am pleased that you had an average stay, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced with the hotel's noise level, breakfast options and staff service. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I travel to Concord twice a month and stay regularly for business. As of late, there were no rooms available for the 3 p.m. check-in for my last few visits, and frequent calls to a Carmine (housekeeping) on the two-way radio who doesn't respond. Management should address this problem with more personnel!

Stayed: July 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hi Joe S,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during check in. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concern.

Thank you for staying and best regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The room itself is ok as is the hotel. Overpriced but ok. The pool and hot tub area looked nice but it was too hot to go outside.

When I first went to bed I wondered why some reviewers complained about traffic noise but it was so quiet in room 203. Until 3:45. That's when the food deliveries start. And the truck is directly below room 203. So if you want to hear the beep beep beep of trucks backing up and deliveries being unloaded room 203 is the room for you. If you want to sleep later, as I do, stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hi jaimexplorer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns. I appreciate you staying at our hotel and value your visit.

One of our utmost priorities is to provide courteous and friendly service as well as a relaxing accommodation. While it was a delight to have you as our guest and mentioning our wonderful room and amenities, your feedback regarding the outside noise was a concern we could never disregard. I am sorry your stay was marred by the delivery trucks. This is not our usual way of taking care of our guests and we care about you. I would like to assure you that your comments have been shared with the upper management and front desk team to check on this area.

Again, I appreciate your review and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when you travel to the area.

Regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I have stayed in two other Crowne Plaza hotels (in Manila and in Kumamoto, Japan) and I must say I had high expectations for a Crowne Plaza hotel located in the US. I'm quite disappointed.

The hotel is conveniently located near the freeway and had stores (Trader Joe's, etc) just across the property. It also has ample parking space, which may be full when there is an ongoing convention/event at the hotel. The hotel has 3 floors, and we stayed in the 3rd floor. The elevator was old. Our room was spacious, but staying at the property made me feel like I was transported back to the 1990s. It actually made me nostalgic of my childhood. The toilet had tiles which did not seem to be maintained well. The vanity mirror was broken. The free toiletries were sufficient, and they replaced the shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottles every day. They also had the 'relaxation amenities', but it was nothing compared to the ones we get each time we visit Crowne Plaza Kumamoto New Sky. They also replaced the towels so we had fresh bath towels each time.

What I love about this hotel though is the pillows. It was super comfortable for me since I like sleeping with soft pillows. It made me sleep really well.

We stayed in the hotel for 4 days, and I was disappointed with the breakfast buffet, it being THE SAME EVERY DAY. No variations at all. I suggest they at least change the menu every other day.

The staff's attitude are generally so-so. Well, except for the old man in the lobby who welcomed us with a warm smile the night we arrived, and the staff named Fernando, who's also Filipino.

Overall, our stay was just average. The hotel wasn't that bad--it's just that we stayed in other Crowne Plaza hotels so we can't help but compare.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daphne C
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hello Daphne C,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that our convenient location and comfortable beds contributed in making your experience comfortable and memorable. On the other hand, I am sorry for your disappointment with our room and toilet condition. We truly value this communication, for us it translates into an excellent opportunity to identify any aspect we must work harder on, as well as those we need to improve to achieve a much better experience.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Concord, and we were very pleased with our stay. The staff were very attentive and accommodating, and we received great service. I would return to stay again if I was in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family