“Avoid, Avoid, Avoid Poor Customer Service and Rude Staff”

Crowne Plaza Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 23 July 2017

During a recent business trip, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Concord, CA. I booked a room on the fly using my company's trip app and accidentally booked the wrong day. When I showed up the woman at the front informed me that I did not have a room. When she looked up the reservation she said that I was supposed to be here yesterday. I told her I accidentally booked the wrong day.

Unconcerned she blew it off and told me she could get me a room for that day, but charge me the current rate (which was higher). I don't mind the higher charge, but I asked her to refund the no show fee that I was charged for not showing up the day I was supposed to be there. She wouldn't refund the charge and in order for it to be refunded I needed to speak to their accounting department. Wait...huh?

I've called their accounting person several times to dispute the no show late charge and every time I called I got a voice mail. I have left several messages and nobody returns my call. Fed up, I called their corporate offices and they told me I need to speak with the hotel's accounting department. I told them nobody returns my calls and they said someone would get back to me within 48 hours. Guess what...you got it...nobody called me back.

This has been ridiculous. I just want to speak to someone. If they didn't refund my no show charges, fine. But someone needs to respectful and returning my phone call. I've turned this over to my credit card company to dispute. Maybe someone will speak with American Express.

On the quality of the rooms...ugh. Disgusting...they smelled of mold and are very old. I have to laugh....I thought it was just me, but someone else also commented on here about their long hallways. I swear that woman at the front desk hated me and put me in the very last room. I walked forever to get to my room. Thankfully I was only there for one night.

If you can at all cost avoid this place. I will never stay here again. I would be happy to talk with someone and change my write up on the no show charge if someone from the Crowne Plaza had the decency to return a phone call.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank mreinemeyer
Kimberlee R, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

I appreciate you feedback and would first like to apologize for the inconveniences that you have experience. I personally would be more then happy to assist you with this concern. You can reach me by email kim.reid@interstatehotels.com.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I checked in and they were in the middle of a partial power outage (not all parts of the hotel was affected). They had to check me in on paper until they could electronically check me in. Because of this, they had to walk me to my room where they used their key fob to let me into my room. All ok at this point.

Then, as I was really sleepy - I had locked the door but didn't bolt the door...housekeeping barged in - no one had communicated to them I was there. Unnerving and frustrating, but still ok on some levels.

Then, another person tried to enter the room - this time I had bolted the door. I got up to answer the door to find the prior occupant of the room standing there saying that since she had the room yesterday she though she might be able to have it again today. When asked if she had checked out - she said yes.

So - I'm not sure how they deactivate a key, but if you have a key card from a previous stay and remember your room...apparently you can still get in. I called down to reception to let them know what happened. They said they got the key card from her - but did she have 2??? Who knows. Bottom line is that if she did have 2 and I went out to the gym or to get food....could she let herself in and steal things?? Very possible.

I was furious! I went down to the front desk and they tried to blame this utter lack of security and safety on the power outage, but she checked out the day before. This was not acceptable and after quite a bit of attitude on the part of the front desk staff, I said I wanted to get the hell out. So I packe3d up and left. Not a single apology. I will NEVER stay at a crowne plaza again - I do not like their security procedures!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank adrenalinejunkie2000
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Hello adrenalinejunkie2000,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Concord/Walnut Creek, CA. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, especially with customer service and security. We will look into these concerns. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Concord/Walnut Creek.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The hotel charged me 200 dollars for one night. When I arrived, they were out of rooms due to maintenance issues. Here is the backup option I was offered. A pullout bed in the living room of a suite. They didn't even make the bed. To make up for it, they offered me free breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dhruv W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hi Dhruv W,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is regrettable that some of our amenities and services did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please allow us to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to make it up to you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information. I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Older property, incredibly LONG hallways. Hotel is ok, but very old. They are trying to keep up with it's age. Nice area. A little off the beaten path though. OK as a whole, but don't expect a lot. Airport in the same parking lot, which is kinda neat.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Sogi A, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza CONCORD/WALNUT CREEK and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with us.
I apologize for any inconvenience due to issues described with your stay with us.
Your comments will be shared with our staff and management.
We hope you would give us another chance and stay with us.
S. Abadi
sabadi@cpconcord.com

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This is not a 4 star property! Very old and dirty rooms (stains and hair in the bathroom and on bed sheets) with stained hallways. I requested a renovated room during my stay and it was granted but the "renovated" room had the same old and dirty feel with very little cosmetic upgrades. Luckily my stay was only for 2 nights. I will not be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael R
Sogi A, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with us.
I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay.
I have addressed the room and hallways with the appropriate department, and it will be corrected immediately.
We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.
Again, please accept our apology and thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at or sabadi@cpconcord.com.

Sogi Abadi
sabadi@cpconcord.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
1.1 km away
7.6 km away
Walnut Creek Marriott
Walnut Creek Marriott
#1 of 7 in Walnut Creek

Been to Crowne Plaza Concord? Share your experiences!