“A little gem”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Serving authentic, fine chinese cuisine in the Coachella Valley. The restaurant founders have previously owned Pak Inn Restaurant and Shangri-La Asian Cuisine in the desert as well.The menu is very large with food items from all over china and parts of Asia. Great fresh food at an extremely good value.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A little tiny Chinese café nestled in between other businesses. On a whim, went in and had lunch, the food was prepared fresh as it was ordered. I don’t like sweet so I asked him next time can I order this with the sauce on the side and he said absolutely. This is a place to go if you want quality Chinese food at an excellent price

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Okay, I have been hungering for Chinese food for a while. We drove three hours and decided to stop for dinner. Howard.ordered a special, the shrimp and snow peas. His dinner came with soup and rice. Great value meal. I ordered the Singapore rice noodles. It was delicious.
The noodles were perfect. The flavor was spot on. The shrimp not over done. The chicken tender not dry. Yummy yummy yummy good for my tummy. Don't let the name scare you. HaHa it's Chinese. Very good Chinese. Run don't walk to enjoy what they have to offer.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We've had a second home in Indio for several years but had never tried Ha Ha Chinese Restaurant. But we were more than pleasantly surprised! It's smaller than it used to be but it's clean and the food was very good. It looks like it's family run and the wife was taking care of the entire front of the restaurant. She brought the drinks, food, tableware, water, and cleared it all away too. Busy lady! I had the wonton soup and my husband had the hot and sour. Both were very good. It came with crispy noodles and some dipping sauces that had some spiciness to them. I had the Garlic Shrimp which was very tasty and my husband had the Kung Pao Chicken which was also very good and spicy. Each dish comes with either steamed or fried rice; we both had the fried and it was good too. It also comes with an egg roll which was the weakest part of the whole meal. It was mostly the outer crunchy part with not much filling. And a fortune cookie for dessert. We just had hot tea to go with it. When we received the check we were surprised at how little it was! Only $22 for all that food for two people. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Great Chinese food... we are visiting from Boise, ID and decided to give it a try... we loved it... and will visit again before returning to Idaho.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

We were hungry for Chinese so we decided to give Ha Ha a try. The restaurant was very clean and tidy.

My husband had his usual Kung Pao Chicken. He enjoyed the meal. He rated it a 3.5 The vegetables were a little overcooked and the food tasted salty.

I had the Broccoli Chicken. The chicken was tender. The broccoli was a little undercooked and the pieces were very big so it would have been helpful to have a knife to cut the pieces. My meal was very bland and I had to add spices to make it interesting. Because it was so bland and the broccoli was not cut in bite size pieces, I would rate my meal at about a 2.5

We are not sure if we will try it again.