“Great Hamburger”

Hamburger Ranch & Bar-B-Que
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Cloverdale
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

The Hamburger ranch is a great place for hamburgers, pulled pork , ribs and beans . Their Root Beer floats are magnificent.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I've been here twice now. Both times were fun and the food was wonderful. I enjoy a good BBQ dinner and they do a great job. All of the meats are slow cooked on site and served with a great selection of sides. They are famous for the burgers, but the smoked meats are also a must try. Deserts are also all hand made by the staff daily.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

While we are saddened by the loss of the classic Owl Cafe, we were pleased to discover this roadside gem.

It's really cute and cozy and clean inside. Feels like a log cabin,

World's best patty melt, good and interesting black eyed peas, and my husband liked his entree too.

Unfortunately the worst dessert I've ever ordered in a restaurant: butterscotch pie. But it wasn't a pie, it was a globby mixture in a small glass jar. When I order pie, I want pie!

The butterscotch was lumpy (semi-melted butterscotch chips? ugh) and a really ugly color. The color of putty or grout.

Otherwise, we loved the place and will return, though we will not order dessert.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

After a 6 hour meander down the windy Redwood Highway swaying to and fro in a class A motorhome from near the Oregon/California border, this was what my hunger-pangs needed... MEAT!!
Nice brisket, good choice of sauces, friendly server, pleasant decor, reasonable prices. I'll stop again and try the BBQ baby-back ribs the next time!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We more or less happened upon this place while we were looking for a lunch spot on a lazy Labor Day Sunday. Quite a few of the more "conventional" restaurants were closed (who knows why on the Sunday before the last day of "summer season?" But they were. We'd heard about the place from others, and folks raved about their "barbecue." So we settled on FungiBurgers (essentially a half pound of beef smothered in salted fresh mushrooms and melted jack cheese. The meat was amazing. I don't eat beef often (for all the obvious reasons), but if I could get beef like this, I'd probably eat it more often than I should!!!