“Outback Steakhouse S Azusa Ave 2000's”

Outback Steakhouse S Azusa Ave
Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 1 March 2018

I give it a 5 because the Outback Steakhouse didn't deny me free Bread.I had the steak and eggs going over the play by play with Rice.I had to stop here because Michelle and Adriana were giving out the free shoes at Foot locker.The customer service was Excellent!What's up to the broadcasting team.....-Anthony

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 9 November 2017

One of the few restaurant chain place we go to. You can still have a great steak here at a not so expensive price. The new WiFi ordering system is really good, hassle free and fast.
The service was also very good.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I'm not a big chain person, but Outback had always offered a good meat for a reasonable price, with decent sides, albeit low quality wine. This time was different. I'd not been there in a while, and it appears they had done a "makeover", which regrettably probably meant a loss of 50% of the wait staff. BTW, I'm not opposed to new technology when it improves service and offers more options, but in this case it didn't.

New décor, a similar menu with much higher prices, and Kiosks with Trivia/Games and the traditional menu graced each table. Initial service was ok including water and bread, but after that it went down hill- although I don't fault the waiter who probably had 8 tables to serve. We noticed our table had no napkins or silverware- nor did the others.

Wine took probably 15 minutes to arrive- after the cheddar cheese (aka tortilla) soup. We asked someone else for napkins with the Soup. The waiter told us the Kiosk now had the wine list, which we couldn't order from directly, but the prices were now 50% higher than our last visit- and the quality was still mediocre. The wine came and was poured- not like a fine restaurant, but this has never been Outback's strong point.

We ordered our meals and about 30 minutes they arrived, along with some silverware and napkins. At first glance and after the perfunctory " how is it" they seemed fine. Of course, after I started cutting my filet, I realized that my Medium/medium rare steak was well done. Of course the waiter was no where to be found. After finally finding the waiter, he acknowledged it was well done and requested a new one, without a hassle. About 15 minutes later, I got not just new steak, but basically a whole new meal. I was pleasantly surprised by this, and the second steak was quite good, although the asparagus was not trimmed properly either time. However, by that time, it had been a long wait.

My friend ordered prime rib, which seemed ok, but tough, and the sweet potatoes accompaniments were put on it, not on the side as requested.

We asked for our check and the waiter indicated the first meal was removed from the check and we asked about a discount we had, and he said he'd ask the manager to adjust it. After 15 minutes, we gave up on trying to get the check and using our discount, and used the Kiosk to pay. While somewhat self explanatory, the actual credit card charging process was neither a swipe or an insert for the chip, and thus took a few tries.

We finally were successful and paid probably 25% more than the last time for worse service, so-so wine and ok food. Next time, I'll spend a few more bucks and go to a real steak house.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 14 January 2017

This location opens at 12 pm instead of 11 am like the other locations do, so be sure and not be too early. Service was great and drinks were excellent. We had a Gingerbread Martini and Huckleberry Hooch Moonshine Cocktail. I am very happy to see they are still making holiday drinks even we came during the second week of January. The lunch combo was a good value with coconut shrimp and chicken taco, plus baked potato soup and chicken tortilla soup for our satisfying Saturday meal. The baked potato soup and coconut shrimp were very tasty. This location is off the busy 60 freeway, just outside of the Puente Hills Mall. If we happen to be in that area, we will come back again.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Came here 3 times during the week and ended up ordering steak twice.
The entire meal was perfect each time and the service was very very good ! Thank you Sophia and Kevin.
I will go back the next time I am in the area

Date of visit: March 2016