“My Special Birthday”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 18 January 2017

It was my birthday and we were seated at a place beside a window. I always love interiors and this place did not fail me. This place is nice and intricately lit. The tables were far from each other so there is privacy. The food was well presented and hot. The Sicilian Cheesecake, love it!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

My first time at one of the OG places was almost 15 years ago at Kansas City and I like it. I use to visit Chulavista's quite often. Good menu, nice atmosphere and excellent attention. Just one suggestion: remove the carpets, is difficult to keep them clean and there is a smell in the place. Ceramic tiles are much cleaner and cause more comfort to customers.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

August 29th, very bad service. The waitress may have been new. We went there for my grandson's birthday. My daughter informed them twice, sing happy b day. The table in the next area had the singing of the song. We left disappointed, waitress didn't give us a bag for our buy one get one take home . My daughter went back in and spoke to the manager, she apologized and gave my grandson a gift card. Very nice?
i always check my cc trans action and they over charged me $13.61. I now have to go back and complain about the over charge. I will not go back to this place, I only went because that is where my g son wanted to go. I feel that there food is not As good as it used to be.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

It is hared to even describe behavior of the staff and management on the night when our family walked into the restaurant after grieving our mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother at the local Chula Vista Mortuary. It was 10 pm when we walked in, in a sombre atmosphere, about 20 members of the family, including kids and adults ranging from 10 to 60 years of age. We ordered a dinner and were finishing our meal when two more members of the family (coming from LA that day) walked into the restaurant to join us.
Well, this is when things turned into a hell - restaurant management told us that it was past 11 o'clock and no one is allowed to enter the restaurant, not even to join party already inside of the restaurant. After that they called security, tree cars with lights and bunch of uniformed people showed-up to basically to throw us out of the restaurant. Since we didn't want to let two people sit in front of the restaurant and wait for us, we all left before even having a chance to have a coffee and finish our dinner. Some of the staff inside the restaurant were even mocking us as we were leaving. A little oriental lady, in charge of security it seems, definitely exercised her power and rank.
Unbelievable and completely unacceptable and uncalled-for behavior.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

This location is much pricier than we're used to because...well, it's in California, and everything costs more than we're used to. But the entire staff was concerned about our wait times, and they were great about our daughter's birthday (which was the reason for our visit). The food was good, and our family's vegetarians and omnivores were all happy with the selection.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!