“You'll forget you're in Chico! Hello Thailand!”
Review of Cocodine

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 15 October 2009

First let me preface by saying that my wife was born and raised in Thailand. We make our second home in southern Thailand and spend a great deal of time there. So, being American, I can say that I might have a bit of savvy when it comes to Thai food...for a 'farang' (foreigner).

Cocodine is owned and operated by a lovely family transplanted from Bangkok. The two twin sisters are the hearbeat of this fine restaurant and we always feel so welcome when we walk in the door. Having said that because my wife and the owners love to chat, in Thai, and get a feel of back home.

As the innocent bystander, I find myself picking up Thai words during their chat and skimming the great menu they present. The first thing we love is during dinner the staff wears authentic Thai garb, making you feel you are not in Kansas (Chico) anymore. This is such an essential and necessary visual I think every ethnic restuarant should have. Playing the part brings the customer that much closer to the cuisine and the culture that makes Thai food so down right delicious!

Back in Thailand I have a dear friend that cooks the best Pad See Ewe Gai and I judge everyone elses compared to his. Cocodine is right on the mark. Their calamari with fried basil leaves is to die for. My wife is the true judge (100% Thai-born blood in her veins!) and she says the food is superb and as authentic as you can imagine. Many Thai restaurants have owners from neighboring countries like Laos, Cambodia or even Vietnam. Cocodine is as Thai as I am Italalian.

The decor is comfortable and restful. The service is beyond extraordinary. It is truly family-owned and likely the cleanest restaurant you'll find in any town. We love it there and we look forward to each and every visit.

Thank you Cocodine for saving me an airplane ticket to Thailand...I can enjoy the food right here in my own back yard!

1  Thank johnnySF

Reviewed 20 September 2009

We crave the savory food served here...one of the best places to eat in Chico and we are locals! The decor of the restaurant isn't anything fancy but it's decent enough and we usually get it to go anyways.

1  Thank ChicoIsMyHome
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We are a vegetarian family and all happen to enjoy Thai food. This is our favorite restaurant in Chico and is typically the place to celebrate birthdays and special occasions. The service at Cocodine is excellent and the food is too! Our favorites are the sweet nut curry, yellow curry, and drunken noodles. Mike and Joy treat us exceptionally well. Thank you for being here Cocodine! Keep up the great work!

1  Thank goveggie