See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Motel 6 is a very basic lodging - although this one did have a pool which I did not use. They gave me a room on the 2nd floor, but there is no elevator so I had to drag my suitcase up the stairs. Seemed to be a lot of folks using the open air outdoor hallway for standing around but they were friendly enough. This place is near the Dennys (behind it), but the automated directions were hard to follow- I called in 3 times to listen to them before I finally found it. Yes there is a big red sign out front, but you can't see it except if you are already there, or if you have gone by it already on the highway. Not a very attractive place but clean and I did get a fair nights sleep. - Oh yeah - they also charge an extra $3 or $5 if you want to use the wifi. That seemed outrageous to me. If I was back in town again I would probably try one of the other places before I would come back here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Pricey,($82),with zero amenities. $2.99 @day for WiFi. No coffee in the room, hair dryer,or clock. It looked like they forgot to change the sheets on one of the double beds. Bathroom was less than clean. Noisy.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindy w
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Cindy, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

It was graduation week so all hotels were booked. We were here for a family illness. Room was to be ready at 3PM, it still wasn't ready at 6 PM. Bedspread had patches in several spots. Floor was filthy dirty. I asked to use the restroom when we were trying to check in and was told to go to Denny's next door. I would not have stayed if anything else had been available. The bill was wrong when we left. It took me two phone calls and several days to get thins straightened out. The one plus was that the gals on the front desk actually tried their best.

Room Tip: Room 241 was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pookipse

Dear Pookipse, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and are sorry for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort concerns you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

My mother uses a wheelchair, so we always get a handicapped-accessible room at motels. I made the reservation a couple weeks in advance. When we arrived to check in there was only one such room left, and it was a smoking room that had been assigned to us early that day. We don't smoke. The smell and the burns on the bedspread should have sent us packing, but we took it. I didn't mind that it only had one queen size bed, because I was told when making the reservation that all the ADA compliant rooms they have are just one bed. And, I travel with a folding cot and sleeping bag, anyway.

Complaints:
1. Our reservation was downgraded to a smoking room without any contact from the staff.
2. There was no refrigerator or coffee maker in the room.
3. WiFi costs 2.99 for basic and 4:99 for premium.
4. The bathroom had two lights, one was burnt out.
5. The shower/bath area was continuous with the rest of the bathroom, so water flooded the whole room when you took a shower.
6. The sink faucet took several minutes to deliver hot water; it had a low flow faucet spigot.
7. The shower head was quick to deliver hot water, but the water went all over the room once it hit the floor.
8. The only complimentary items were ice and coffee in the office, no breakfast items. There was a microwave oven in the office. There were a couple vending machines.
9. And, this was the first motel that ever had to photocopy both my and my mother's identification. We had to display a parking permit on the dashboard. These requirements are new to us; they seem excessive.
10. Lastly, the motel is right beside highway 99, and the traffic noise is constant. The noise is even louder than the fan in the air conditioner. There are rooms that are far away from the highway on the other side of the main building.

And this so-called inexpensive motel was $69.68 including tax for one night with an AARP discount. We paid a little less at the Travelodge in Yuba City, which is a far superior accommodation that we will continue to use. I hope this review keeps others from using Motel 6 on Manzanita Court in Chico, California. We will never return there! The desk and housekeeping staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear Edward, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

In retrospect, I should have stayed in one of the other slightly more expensive motels nearby. This was just off the freeway and I had had a long day of driving, and it was fine for the price. But, like Motel 6 often is, it was very bare bones, and felt cold even with the heat on just because it was so unwelcoming! The room smelled very stale, like a guest had smoked there in the last week or so, and the bedspread had a cigarette burn in it. When I checked out in the morning, I mentioned that my nonsmoking room had been smoke in. No apology, just a shrug.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo