All reviews separate bedroom front desk parking lot waffles would definitely stay here again nice breakfast very clean hotel visiting family housekeeping staff a great stay the breakfast area flat screen bidwell park complimentary breakfast courtyard freeway lobby
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We were visiting family in Chico and have stayed here in the past but not in a while. We were happy with the friendly staff upon our arrival at 10:30 at night and were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and clean our room was. We were traveling as a family and having the extra space to spread out was nice. In the morning we checked out the breakfast which looked fresh and quite delicious. Although we had breakfast plans away from the hotel my daughter couldn't resist making herself a little waffle.

I would definitely stay here again upon our next visit to Chico and hopefully it can be longer then one night.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Swithygirl,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy that your stay worked out so well for you while you were in Chico. Please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This is an excellent property. It is located close to downtown Chico, about a 10-minute drive away. There are many restaurants and shops nearby. The lobby is clean, large and inviting. The staff is friendly and helpful. My room was very large, clean, and quiet, with a comfortable queen-size bed in a separate bedroom, 2 flat-screen TVs, work desk, dining table, and kitchen with full-size refrigerator and stove. The bathroom was spacious, clean, and well-lit. The internet speed was great. I would choose to stay at this property again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear Derick S,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. If you find yourself in Chico again in the future, please visit us!

Happy travels,

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on and off for a 4 week period during Oct - Nov. 2017, on Business.

The good points :(1) Employees were great - very friendly & accommodating, from the front desk to the Housekeeping staff. (2) Tuesday night mixer with free grilled food was done very well, and it was nice to be able to eat dinner without leaving the hotel, and not in a lonely room. (3) Location is very convenient, right off 99.

The bad points : (1) Parking can be tough, as they share space with an adjacent Marriott hotel, and if they’re busy, you may have to end up parking on the sketchy street (hotel is across the street from the local unemployment office).
(2) A minor complaint, but they also do a Monday free mixer, which had a very limited supply of snacks and seemed on the chintzy side for a Marriott , especially compared to Tuesday’s offerings. (3) A major complaint- DO NOT accept a room at the end of the building, with a “00” or “01” number (100, 201, etc). You will NOT get a decent nights sleep , for for 2 reasons : (a) your room is literally right on top of the outer parking lot, where Billy Bob is going to park his big ‘ol diesel pickup truck , and you’re going to hear it / get woken up by it when he revs his engine or has the tunes cranked up when he pulls in . But more importantly, you don’t want these rooms because the building was designed so each room has its own HVAC system, which links into a building HVSC system. Seems like an ok design on paper, but the master unit in that end of the building, right outside your room, on all 3 floors, is so noisy, and worse yet, sends constant noticeable vibrations through the walls , that has the similar effect of Billy Bob’s thumping stereo - only it NEVER stops. It is so irritating that the CIA could use it to torture suspects. My second week, I was put in room 100, woke up first to a loud diesel truck running his engine at 2am, and then couldn’t get back to sleep due to the thumpa- thumpa vibrations. So I asked to change rooms at 3am, and was quickly accommodated by the friendly front desk clerk.

This week, I was given room 201, and was reluctant to take it, but figured maybe being on the 2nd floor would alleviate the situation. Wrong again - it was actually much worse, so at 2am, I asked again to change rooms, only to be told the hotel was sold out and I was stuck there. I finally fell asleep around 4am, but had to get up at 6. I didn’t have time to ask the desk to switch my room, so ended up having to stay a 2nd night in the torture chamber , with a whopping 2 1/2 hours or so of sleep - NOT how you want to try and get anything done during the next day ! I would have rated this place at least a 4, but this “no sleep for you” part of the building is a big “zero” in my rating book.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Skiersx2,

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us. I do appreciate any and all feedback regarding our hotel.

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience regarding noise while staying at our hotel. We try our hardest to provide a good nights sleep to all guests. When the hotel is sold out, and mostly with extended stay guests staying anywhere from 5-180 nights, it can be almost impossible to provide a room away from the freeway or a room away from the end of the hall. I would encourage you to give us your preferences at the time of booking if you do decide to stay with us again, so that we can try to get you placed on the interior side of the hotel. If that doesn't work for you, I would suggest trying our sister property, the Courtyard by Marriott, which is located next door.

We are trying to come up with a better solution to the freeway noise issue for future guests.

Please feel free to call or email me if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Looking for a great extended stay hotel in Chico with awesome customer service? Look no further than the Residence Inn. Trevin (sp?) went out of his way to make sure that we (my colleagues and I) had everything we could every want or need while staying there and working late at night in the lobby (thank you Trevin and Barrett and everyone!). While this hotel is across the parking lot from the Courtyard, there is no comparison -- wait 20 min for a cup of coffee there or go down the lobby for free coffee at the Residence Inn. The lobby was the place to be at night -- snacks and conversation. Thanks guys, for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Karen H,

Thank you so very much for staying with us. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff, especially Trevin and Barrett.

Please come back and stay with us again!!!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

The Residence Inn in Chico has pretty much everything we were looking for; we need separate bedrooms, and here had essentially a two bedroom apartment, well appointed, clean, and comfortable. There is a commons room where a really good breakfast is served each morning, as well as light dinners on some evenings. It is convenient to the freeway, and has free parking. One caveat: the odd-numbered rooms 105-115 all face an inner area where their laundry runs until about 6:30 PM with a whine like a small jet engine that penetrates the walls; we had to relocate across the hall.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms 105-115 all face an inner area where their laundry runs with a whine like a small jet engine that penetrates the walls.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Lori E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear 00Bruce00,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are happy that you had a great stay at our property. I want to apologize if you had an issue with the dryers. We try not to run them past 6:00pm.

Please see us again when you are in Chico!