“Best Pasta Ever!”

California Pasta Productions
Ranked #72 of 340 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Dine in or order lunch to go. Wonderful fresh pasta made fresh each day. Lunch includes soup or salad, choice of pasta dish, bread and beverage for a very low price. You can also pick up a variety of pastas and excellent sauces to take home and prepare. Also available for Dinner and "to go" orders. Definitely a favorite!

Reviewed 13 January 2015

We enjoy this place very much, but if it's cold outside, the inside seating is very limited and akward. The last time we went they had water damamge on the inside of the walls and ceiling. The pasta is freshly made and they use great quality cheese. We really do love the food, but it's not a great place for a date night. It's better left for lunch wiht the family.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

My clam linguini had the most clams I've ever had on this dish. Service was fast and friendly. Prices are very fair for the generous servings. There is something for everyone on the menu which is a real plus.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We have eaten at Cal Pasta more than once over the years and have never been bowled over by our meals there. Most recently, we had a couple of the higher priced pasta dishes on the menu and were disappointed. Mine was the smoked salmon fettuccini. To sum it up into one word, I'd have to say "salty". Our greatest shock though was with the kid's pizza. It was absolutely inedible! Our daughter will eat just about any kind of pizza but couldn't get past one bite. I had a bite too. It was horrible. So, whatever you do, don't order the kid's pizza! I think the homemade pastas are very good, but probably better to chose a simple marinara sauce.

Also, make sure you total out your credit card voucher before you sign it. I ate lunch at Cal Pasta a year or so ago and failed to total out the voucher (I left a tip on the table). Someone there added 15% onto the charges sometime after I had already signed it. Apparently there was no supervision of the workers that day. I was later able to shame them into refunding the 15% but there was no manager to complain to. So be careful who you trust.

1  Thank ChicoRanMan
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Casual dining at its best! I've been going here for years. Pastas and sauces are homemade and delicious. This is, by far, the best place to get a "homemade" dinner to take home and impress your harshest critics, at reasonable prices. Purchase sauces, uncooked raviolis, tortellini, and other various pastas, Caesar Salad dressing to die for, and you're good to go. Boil the pasta and heat the sauces at home for a fresh, hot meal. They even have a family meal for four with garlic bread and Caesar salad. Of course, you can also order at the counter for a large variety of their delectable dishes to eat inside the restaurant or on their large patio. One of Chico's best!