All reviewsroom was cleandecent placerestaurants and shopsflat screendowntownhousekeeperyepcalifornia
Reviewed 26 April 2018

In March of this year, I made a reservation at Heritage Inn through their website. I received my confirmation email with my reservation number and all the details. A couple of days before the night of my stay, I received another reminder email about how the hotel was looking forward to my stay.

Since I had made the reservation for my mother and son to checkout CSU Chico, my mother decided to call the hotel to confirm the reservation. They told her that there was NO reservation. I called and talked to a completely unhelpful front desk person who told me that the reservation I had made was marked as "pending" in their system so they didn't hold a room. I pointed out that I their online reservation system, hooked into their website, had sent me a "confirmation" indicating that I had a room. I was told, "Sorry, nothing we can do". I was left to scramble to find another hotel room for my mother and son.

I wrote to the email address on the email confirmation, relaying my story and trying to give the manager an opportunity to address what happened and make things right. I have still received no reply after having waited a few weeks for a response.

If you want horrific customer service, and roll the dice on whether there will be a room waiting for you when you arrive, then this is your place. If you want to make certain that there is a room, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We visited to move in our kid early-mid August. We have two older kids as well and one went to Chico State a couple years back, so we've stayed at this hotel before. The staff is mostly young but very polite, attentive, and fun. They really make you feel like a part of the family when you stay there. We were very happy to see mat and kelley still work there, and the newer staff is also great! The maintenance guys are very personable and helpful. Housekeepers work really hard and do a great job cleaning and with customer service. The place seems to be under new management and I guess we'll see how that goes, hopefully it doesn't change the staff much because they're the main reason we continue to stay at this hotel

Room Tip: room 201 can get noisy from highway
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenley E
Reviewed 28 June 2017

I had a terrible one night stay at this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. Our room appeared to be clean when we arrived, but shortly after arriving we discovered several moderately sized pieces of trash on the floor indicating that the room had not been thoroughly cleaned.
When we arrived at the room in the mid afternoon there was loud banging coming from the room next door, which was the sound of our neighbors playing dominoes. They continued to play loudly for the hour and a half we were in the room and later that night woke us up playing again from 1:30 am until just after 4 am. We could hear everything though the wall including the shuffling of the dominoes.
In addition to these issues, there were various people, that I assume were not hotel guests, sitting in the hotel parking lot doing nothing lot at all hours. Their presence was unsettling and did not make me feel safe leaving things in the car or even walking to and from the car.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017

It's obvious that the management is trying to make this a decent place to stay downtown. The building is old, it needs some touch up and love, but the rooms are clean and the people are very friendly (Drew checked me in.) My biggest complaint, besides the noise from the street which is why I travel with earplugs, is the carpet in the room. It looked like poop stains, when I showed my husband on my phone, he tried to tell me it was pizza grease. I kept my socks on, regardless. I know that sounds horrible, but it so obvious that the room was actually clean, they just need to replace the carpet. Easy walking distance to downtown restaurants and shops. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Needed a place in Chico for one night - a Sunday - and this was quite adequate. Well kept up and extremely clean but the sheets although immaculate had holes in them as did he blankets and bed skirt was ripped and hanging. Ironing board cover (which I didn't use anyway) was falling off and couldn't be put back on. In other words, nothing to really complain about but just a bit over the hill. Breakfast was absolutely minimal.
It was downtown and not far from many restaurants and the price was very good.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Jenny K, Front Office Manager at Heritage Inn Express Chico, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Sharon33191,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your recent stay!
Our team will be pleased to know we supplied you with an adequate stay. We work diligently to ensure our guests are comfortable, safe, and happy during their stay.
I would like to apologize in regards the minor issues you experienced in terms of the quality of linens. This will be addressed directly with our staff, as well as the our sheet vendors.
Thank you again for notifying us of the quality of your amenities, we will ensure these issues don't come up again.
Next time you're in the Chico area we would love to reconcile for your last stay! :)

Best Wishes,