See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Get a maintenance crew to fix the door handle to the bathroom and the ceiling fan in the bathroom. Even the tissue holder had rust. This is a nasty Inn. The maid forgot to check the refrigerator for left over food from the previous reservation. The shower towels felt like sand paper. Just a plain nasty/ dirty hotel. The clerk behind the front desk was not the friendliest guy. Breakfast was Bananas/Apples with coffee.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. The beds were incredibly uncomfortable, there was hardly any outlets to use, house keeping was minimal at best, the rooms are scary small, the blow dryer had junk in it to where it blew junk in my face, and I couldn't use it, and the fan had been taken apart in the bathroom. Definitely not happy with my stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We stayed at this hotel two weeks ago for an event at Chico State. I went to lay down on the bed on top of the quilt and it SMELLED very strongly of URINE and the sheet and blanket were bunched up underneath the top quilt, the bed wasn't even properly made. The entire room was dirty. I tried to take a shower after laying down on top of the dirty bed and there was no hot water!! The continental breakfast was a joke. It consisted of fruit, Doritos and Cup-o-Noodle soup, granola bars, coffee and tea. There was a very poorly installed locking mechanism on the front door which didn't convince me that the door was properly locked. Honestly, I did not feel safe staying at this hotel. I've seen that the owners have had issues with the cleanliness of the hotel in the past and have responded to other reviews promising to improve the facilities. However, it seems like they have not. I was very disappointed in my stay here. I have never stayed in a hotel this dirty or poorly run. It's really a shame because they're in a prime location and could do so much better.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
UniHotelMgr, Front Office Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Ale3yb,

We are sorry to hear that you had a problem with room service during your stay.
We are currently upgrading all of our rooms, so you will have to come back and see the enhancements we have done when they are complete.
Thank you again for your review and thank you for choosing University Inn for your lodging needs.

kazi Hasan

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Everything in the room was nasty, shower moldy and rusty, walls peeling drywall, toilet stained, carpet so dirty it stained our feet if barefoot, bed was downhill from the center. No housekeeping service at all. Outside stairwell waterlogged roof held up by moldy 2x4's. All night parties in the parking lot both nights.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
University I, Front Office Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Diane W,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at University Inn. We are sorry to hear that your stay was uncomfortable than you had expected. I glad to hear you we are going to remodel our motel within couple of months and will upgrade all of our rooms with better quality product.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you with another pleasant stay the next time you are in the Chico area.

Thanks
Kazi hasan

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The staff is wonderful! The rooms are clean and reasonably priced. The hotel is located in a perfect area with many restaurants within walking distance. It's also close to Chico State University. I highly recommend booking your next vacation here while in Chico.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
University I, Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear V3599BGjamiem,
Thank you for writing the time to review regarding your recent experience at University Inn. We are pleased to hear that you were comfortable during your stay.
We are going to upgrading all of our rooms near feature .We look forward to serving you with another great stay the next time you are in Chico.
Thank you again for your great review and thank you for choosing University Inn for your lodging needs.

Kind regards,