“A little New York Pizzeria in Chico”

Celestino's New York Pizza
Ranked #73 of 339 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Had a few slices of plain cheese. I'm from NYC and know the real deal and this is it. One of the chefs is from New Jersey (close enough). Delicious crust, sweet sauce and not too much cheese (as it should be). Dough nicely rising with yeast bubbles, roller machine makes a uniform crust, old style oven makes a crisp crust. Had the requisite Sopranos, Godfather and Reservoir Dogs decorations. Only thing missing is photo of Frank Sinatra. Good deal on slice and drink. Wish they had a branch location in Seattle.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Their piazza is absolutely the best. It is the only pizza restaurant in Chico that my family where my family will dine.
I really like the variety of their pizzas. The ingredients are always of the highest quality

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I know pizza is greasy, salty and delicious, but when i took a bite out of our pepperoni pizza, i was grossed out. It was the saltiest pizza I've ever had! Was not a fan, and wouldn't order it again.

CaliforniaPizzafan, Owner at Celestino's New York Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

That doesn't not sound very good, no body wants a pizza that they cannot eat. We will review and better train our new staff to insure proper procedure and measurement s of ingredients are followed. If you get to Chico and the downtown celestinos again ask for Enzo so I can take ensure you have a better experience
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Been eating here since my college days at Chico State. It is pretty much right on campus. The pizza is awesome. My fave is the Tom Jones! Get a slice combo with their side salad with the vinegarette and you have the perfect lunch. I've also had the cannoli, which is so good.

They are also big supporters of the local communities. I have seen the Celos up in Paradise support multiple youth soccer teams and Little League teams. Many businesses don't get the props for things like this. Thanks for supporting the community as well as my dinner!

Reviewed 11 April 2016

had a couple pizzas from Celestino's takeout. I thought they were generous in size with a particularly crisp and fresh crust. I think it must be both the oven they use and their recipe. Chewy but not tough. The standard pepperonis had lots of smoked flavor, but avoided runny cheer as I get with some of these large pizzas. The Godfather was a nice combination of cheeses and vegetarian fare with flavorful pesto, though the ricotta cheese gave it very little flavor and punch. I would opt for something more flavorful in the future. In house service seems to deliver hotter and flavorful products, and I think their salads are better than average for a fast food place. A great place to come for quick lunch or dinner, lots of calories, and cheap prices. This place is popular with college and high school students alike. Great and efficient staff.

CaliforniaPizzafan, Owner at Celestino's New York Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Been to Celestino's New York Pizza? Share your experiences!