All reviews tables and chairs small kitchen mom and pop run down good size lassen volcanic katherine motel miles np wood dog horses
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Great out of the way old school motel, has a nice out of town feel with a nice setting area and you park in front of your room. quite and peaceful setting, not the Ritz but just a good place top stay, very clean rooms, nice owners and this is my third time to stay and I will be back again

Room Tip: The two rooms right across from the office have two rooms each, one with 2 queens and the other with three beds and I always ask for these
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank larrye921
Reviewed 17 July 2016

This is an absolutely wonderful place to stay! The owners of the property are friendly and helpful, and have worked hard to provide every little thing that will make their guests happy and comfortable..

It's surrounded by tall pine trees and they have provided two separate large, shady lawn areas with tables, chairs and barbecues for guests to enjoy. The rooms have wood paneling and are decorated in, "mountain style" which is really cute, but they are upgraded..

We had #3 which has two bedrooms, a bath and a separate kitchen (stocked with a surprising array of dishes and everything else needed to cook). Anyone else would call this a suite, but it was only $98.10 a night, including tax, for three of us. The beds were very comfortable, and while the bathroom is small, it was adequate.

It's 3 miles from Chester, (not far from the airport), but it's just off the highway which can make it hard to see. Their small sign is on a tree and, unfortunately, the are not allowed to put up anything larger..

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Dottie77
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Used the motel and RV park for an event. Had full hookups for the RV. And used a kitchen in one of the units to do some cooking and baking for our group of 20. Nice fire ring for all to use. Motel units are clean, some have kitchens are are suitable for families. Lots of trails to ride quads right from the parking lot. There are tables and a combo gas/charcoal grill for guests to use. Plenty of shade, tables, chairs and green lawn.. great owners!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charlene L
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stay for the night with our 16 ft Coleman travel trailer. Look very quaint and cute. Need just one night. We were told by the man at the check-in desk that since we were only staying one night he didn't want to rent us a space because other long termers might come in. Basically he didn't want our one night visit. We come to Chester often. I would never try to stay here with that poor business and customer service.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 25 January 2016

This was a very convenient location to stay after having visited Lassen Park. There aren't too many such. I found my room clean with everything in working order. I suspect that many of those who stay here do so for an extended period. There appears to be a place to have a cookout and a place for kids to play. It's hard to see from the road, and has probably seen better days, but I liked it. The one imponderable appears to be the fellow at the desk. He was very friendly and helpful, and more than willing to suggest places to eat and things to do, with colorful comments on everything. Frankly, as a bit of an introvert, I found him rather aggressively friendly, but that's probably just me. Had a good sleep and no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo