“Yuck! This place went downhill :(”
Review of Vegi Wokery

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vegi Wokery
Ranked #31 of 194 Restaurants in Cerritos
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Came here for lunch and was greatly disappointed. The food is not at all how it use to be. I was served greasy, tasteless food that was not even fully cooked... just quickly microwaved. I was served my appetizer last and we weren't even given glasses of water. The "mock eel" was gushing with oil, overly fried, and I couldn't finish my food. Rice was undercooked. Overall, very pricey for terrible quality. I use to love this restaurant but ever since the new owner retired, this place has gone downhill.My husband was super sad that we chose to eat here instead of somewhere else because it's not even cheap. I think it was quite expensive for how lousy the food was. It's too bad the new owners are resting on their laurels, because this place use to be really good.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 30 May 2017

There are too many favorite main entree and side dishes that are my favorite. All I can say is that listening to the relaxing asian music sets me in the mood to order a little of everything. Absolutely yummy no matter what you order. My kids, husband, and I enjoy it a lot. My husband is 100% vegan so this place is perfect for him. We just join him because it is delicious.

We have been avid fans for nearly 2 decades. Yummy!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2016

Our vegan family was looking for Chinese vegetarian options at a Chinese restaurant we found on our GPS, and was recommended by the Chinese restaurant to try Vegi Wokery. What an excellent recommendation!

We were lucky to arrive when we did because a line started to form shortly after we arrived, and the restaurant was clearly short-handed at that time, as the next family waited nearly 25 mins to be seated.

Given their short-handedness, the server (who also appeared to be the owner) seemed slightly impatient (but stayed polite) when we asked questions about their dishes. Also, when I asked if I could charge my phone, she wasn't super helpful, but didn't deny my request either.

All the dishes we ordered were excellent. We really enjoyed their hand-made siu-mai - the best vegetarian siu mai I've had around the world. Their mustard greens didn't look like much, but definitely tasty!

We were only passing through Cerritos on our way to Pasadena, but if ever we're in the area again, we're going back!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Haven't eaten any food that had a mom or dad for a few days now, and vegan for a couple days. It feels great on the body and mind. I wish I could get used to it.

With restaurants like this, it makes it easy, and I could probably turn vegetarian if the food was always this good. I am not a fan of duck dishes to being with, but with the raving reviews I had to try, and must say that I enjoyed their peking duck more than the real thing. I also ordered the lo mein noodles with soy chicken and was a big fan.

This is definitely one of my favorite vegetarian spots and I'll be back.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank P G
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Vegetarian facade with a twist of non-vegetarian look. Really good presentation and taste definitely out of the world. Visit once and decide for yourself if this is for you

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank Soa177

Been to Vegi Wokery? Share your experiences!