“Fabulous country retreat.”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of The Old Hall

The Garden - Yew Hedges and Topiary
Pop Up Glamping
Tennis Court
Perfect for Celebrations and Get Togethers
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

S33sls
Thetford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous country retreat.”
Reviewed 10 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Wow! What a fab place to relax with family and friends. Stayed for 3 days to celebrate my dads 70 th birthday. The house is gorgeous and every room has its own magic. Although there was loads of room to lose each other it still had a great homily feel. Had a great morning learning archery followed by the best fish and chips I've ever tasted. We had Somerly cater for my dads birthday meal which was totally delicious, followed by a lovely birthday cake. Janine and her team have thought of everything and are really helpful with anything you may need. All I can say is we have made some unforgettable memories at an amazing venue, thank u so much!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Annabel S
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Crowd pleaser!”
Reviewed 23 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We held our farewell party/wedding reception at the the Old Hall. Prior to arriving at the property I was quite anxious over what to expect – I'd never booked a holiday rental before, and definitely nothing quite so fancy. I was expecting a shoes-off as soon as we enter the door, wood fires out of action unless with housekeeping supervision and generally a feeling that I shouldn't touch anything in case I broke it and lost our good housekeeping deposit! But it was nothing like that.

Tanya, the housekeeper, was great and instantly put me at ease showing us around the place as well as where to find things (even adding, 'if it's unlocked, have a look!'. We were having quite a lot of family over and a table extension and table cloths were provided, along with a temporary put up bed and cot for my siblings children (which was must appreciated!) In general Janine was very flexible and made our weekend the best it possibly could have been.

Tips: (and this is probably due to my ignorance) but if it's an 'event' you're celebrating, an extra fee is required and the good housekeeping deposit is doubled. Also, the wireless is great, but the phone signal is not – great for whatsapp, less great for calls. Thankfully you are able to make local calls from the landline!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
23 Feb 2016
I'm so glad that we were able to be part of your special day. Just to clarify we only charge an additional event fee for wedding related events and larger gatherings. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review ....
519Phoebe
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 1 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Went to the old hall for a 50th Birthday celebration. What a fantastic place, lovely lounge areas, open fires and bathrooms galore. Unlike many large houses the atmosphere inside is homely and warm. Set in lovely grounds and a lovely village I would recommend to anyone wanting a getaway for a large group of family or friends. Great value too. Fantastic!

Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The care that was taken to ensure our stay was the best it could possibly be.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 12 December 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing