“Cheap alternative near Palm Springs”

Cathedral City Travelodge
Cathedral City Travelodge
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cathedral City
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Clean. Safe. A little shabby. A two-star lodging. Close enough to drive to the strip and convention vented. A Target and Trader Joe's conveniently across the street (really a highway).

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Wheeler725
There are newer reviews for Cathedral City Travelodge

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Looking at the outdoor pool was nice but when you enter your room, the carpets look old and too dirty to walk around without shoes on, A/C did not really work great. And to top it off when we went to use the coffee maker there was a huge cockroach on the counter beside the cups. We did not have coffee and we will not stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FreddyCoupler
michael l, General Manager at Cathedral City Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

I have recently taken over the management of the TRAVELODGE, Cathedral City and deeply apologize for your unpleasant stay with us. Since you were with us, we have done extensive MUCH NEEDED refurbishing on the property, such as installing new air conditioning units; installing 32" flat screen hi-definition tv's in every room; installing new ceramic tile entries in every room; upgrading our linens, pillows and bath amenities. I would personally like to invite you back to stay with us for a night, as my guest, in order to allow you to reevaluate our property. Please feel free to contact me at any time, in order to accept my offer. Everyone at the Cathedral City TRAVELODGE takes guest concerns VERY seriously.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

When I travel on business and need to stay the night, I look only for 4 things: a comfortable bed, a clean room that doesn't have a funny smell, a quiet and safe feeling location, and a good price. The Travelodge in Cathedral City fits the bill on all accounts, plus it gets extra bonus points for having windows that actually open. (Personally, I take fresh clear desert air anytime over a noisy air conditioning unit.) This was my second stay, and I picked an upstairs room, so I can feel safe with the open window. The property backs to a mountainside and some buildings - quiet enough even for a light sleeper like me.

I got a great night's rest, and enjoyed a nice breakfast the next morning. (In contrast to what another reviewer shared, I had no trouble with the office being closed at 7:30 am). The breakfast selection was the usual: toast and bagels and cereal, some fruit, coffee, milk. Again, all I ever needed. This place works for me, will likely stay here again.

Oh, and it has a really nice little pool area. Didn't use it, but it looked nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank coastlinevideo
Reviewed 15 March 2011

The front desk was very nice at check in. We were pleasantly surprised by the clean room with good paint and a new carpet (probably less than 6 months old) because the price was 2/3 of the price of the other hotels in the area. The room was nice & 100 yards removed from highway 111, so it was not noisy. We did not hear any of the other guests in nearby rooms, as may be expected from some budget motels. The pool area was nice (& even had a cute waterfall.) In the morning, we were pleasantly surprised by a nice little breakfast of cereal & milk, some bagels & packaged pastries. There was also juice & coffee, so we were satisfied for a few hours. (It is not a Denny's, so don't get your hopes up too much, but think of it as a snack to get you by.)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank 1nelson1
Reviewed 9 March 2010

This is an older Motel that has been revamped. If you want a super modern place, look elsewhere.

The check-in clerk was very pleasant. We stayed here for one night because our cousins were staying here on a roadtrip. We found the beds comfortable, and the room was quiet. The Bedspread had some holes in it, typical older Motel equipment.

We looked for the free breakfast at 7:30am, found the Office locked. No big deal, we walked to the Starbucks. There is also a Mc Donalds within a block, plus two shopping centers within walking distance.

We did not try the Pool, nor the Spa, they looked clean. Our cousins complained that the Air Conditioner was noisy, this might be a problem in the Summer. The Internet Service was fast and free.

I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank HappySurfer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cathedral City
2.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
4.5 km away
1.6 km away
Welk Resorts Palm Springs
Welk Resorts Palm Springs
#3 of 7 in Cathedral City

Been to Cathedral City Travelodge? Share your experiences!