All reviews double tree front desk cookies palm springs corner suite room service beautiful property late check fire pit pool area golf resort desert princess a great stay mountain view enjoyed my stay minute drive great pool
Reviewed 3 October 2018

While I had a few problems in terms of my reservation and understanding of the services included, all problems have now been adequately approved. Be careful there is a resort fee and breakfast is NOT included unless you are currently Hilton Gold.

The site is nice, the view is gorgeous and the pool is beautiful (the water is cold, but the jacuzzi is perfectly toasty). Is money is not an object, I highly recommend the site.

Room tip: Choose pool side.
Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank laurenbD2045PY
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We usually stay at another Hilton property while in Palm Springs, but wanted to give this one a shot. I’m glad we did! Tons of parking, super friendly staff, and just a few minutes from downtown. We’ll definitely be back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

I attended a professional conference at the Doubletree Resort and had an excellent experience! Staff were friendly, customer-service oriented, and went out of their way to accommodate our conference needs. Rooms were impeccable and nicely appointed. I highly recommend the Doubletree!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 28 September 2018

A great location - like being in a postcard setting! The golf course is beautiful and the rooms and staff were top notch. The cookie at check-in was awesome. The meeting room accommodations were very well suited for our convention.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 19 September 2018

This review has been a long-time coming as we've stayed here 7 separate times. We love the location, the property and it's gorgeous mountain views and staff that has been really kind to us as Hilton Diamond members. All but one time we have stayed in the gorgeous corner suites, which are quite large and offer an expansive balcony area with stunning views.

That being said, following the departure of Doug as manager, we feel the property is sliding downhill in quality. We first stayed right after the renovations were completed, and at that time I would have given the property a full 5-stars. There was attention to detail and everything was impeccable. If it were based on our most recent stay during the labor-day weekend, I would only be able to rate them a 3, which is why I took the average of our experiences and have given a 4 rating.

Here are a few things that I have noticed are not quite up to what they used to be:
-Service: Although the employees are generally very kind, they now seem short staffed and mismanaged. There is a general sense of disorganization. Needing to make requests multiple times, chaotic service at breakfast hours, visibly stressed out employees etc.
-Food: overall food quality is way down, and some of our favorite items (California breakfast burrito) have been eliminated outright.
-Room: Wear is noticeable and items are going unrepaired. For example, we stayed in the same exact Corner Suite months apart, and noticed the same broken chairs on the balcony.
-Pool: Not as well staffed with long wait times for food orders. The number of umbrellas is greatly reduced. I was told some broke and were not replaced.

To me, this has all the signs of a property that is struggling with revenue and is making cuts in order to make ends meet. I was told my a staff member that the new manager (Moises I believe), whom I have never had the pleasure of meeting, is rarely on the property as he also serves as manager elsewhere.

The lack of attention shows to a long-time guest like myself, and after this last stay, we likely will be looking for a new desert spot. It's really unfortunate as we've made some really great memories here, but I can no longer recommend unless this place turns it around and improves to its full potential once again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Damien B
TOYAT25, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Golf Resort Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Hello Damien,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! I am embarrassed to hear about the issues you had during your stay and most importantly your decision to find a new desert spot. Although we did not make a great memorable experience during your last visit, we truly hope you consider giving us another try. I will certainly take your items back to our team to discuss and brainstorm to ensure we Make It Right for our repeat customers such as yourself. Again, I truly apologize for our lack of extraordinary service during your stay.