My sister and I stayed here with our kids and it was filthy. The carpet was awful and the bed sheets and blankets smelled like someone else's perfume. There was a sign on the washer and dryer that said "out of order". We were definitely hoping to be able to wash clothes during our almost week stay. There wasn't a grill outside as pictured. The password for the internet was incorrect so we couldn't use it. The first morning my sister woke up to a man standing on the balcony looking into the room through the slider! Then there were two men on a ladder scraping old paint off the balcony. It was loud and obnoxious and nobody had warned us that there would be work done that day. We called to complain and the guy from Vacasa said he would call us back and never did. We have stayed in Carnelian Woods before and we love it but this particular condo is almost inhabitable, you'd be better off camping.
Unit #108 at Carnelian Woods
Date stayed: 3/3/17 - 4/6/17
Reason for stay: Family ski vacation (3 adults, 3 teenagers). Chose this place for the ability to wash clothes (in order to pack light), to soak in the hot tub after a day of skiing & be able to cook in for the family.
Pros: Good location to lake & mountain ski areas. Plenty of sleeping space.
• Old, uncomfortable beds (wires poking backs) & well used covers (don't know when those were last washed).
• Stained/Dirty carpets, especially the living room.
• Under furniture was not vacuumed (recent chemical treatment for pests left dead bugs along walls & under furniture that was not properly vacuumed).
• Unusable appliances because of breaking down due to age or just too old to work properly. (clothes washer & dish washer) (note that fridge & microwave were newer)
• Owner contents in every closet, cabinet and several dresser drawers.
• Bathroom cabinets loaded with opened/used personal care items including otc meds.
• Loft "TV" had no regular programming available, only DVD player (advertised at an extra place for kids to watch TV. Also, main TV programming selection was terrible.)
• No gas available for grill & no wood available to help heat condo. (advertised as usable)
• Noisy heating system buzzed/screeched & did not heat to comfortable level (topped at 65 degrees).
• Club house/hot tub unavailable after 4pm except for Friday/Saturday. (Different times than noted in advertisement)
Major upgrades/updates would make this a good place to stay. The community club house should not be advertised as a benefit for the winter months since it is closes so early.
NOTE: Vacasa was our booking company. They tried to help as best as they could and even offered a partial refund due to the condition of this unit. I truly hope they require updates or do not offer rentals at this location. This review is not a reflection of Vacasa, but a reflection of the condo & the community club house.