“Excellent place for pricey Carmel”
Review of Homestead Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Homestead Inn
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Carmel
Reviewed 3 November 2011

First of all THE PHOTO ABOVE IS NOT OF THIS PROPERTY. The Homestead Inn in Carmel, CA, looks NOTHING like that photo of a big white house with long drive. To see what it really looks like, I suggest you go to their website at 'homesteadcarmel dot com'. (I have a month ago told tripadvisor that the photo is wrong but it is still there. So that's why I put that statement there.)

My mother stayed at The Homestead in Carmel, and I was able to see the room that day. She had the two-queen-bed size room which had been remodeled. Very, very nice inside. Yes, the bathroom was a bit small, but very nicely decorated. It's in a quiet part of Carmel, and the property itself is quiet. The mood of the place sort of attracts more quiet people anyway, I think. Not a party place, just a very comfortable, well-kept property to be cozy in after walking around enchanting Carmel.

I have made a reservation for one of the 'Rustic' rooms, and can hardly wait to experience it myself. The price is fantastic, and I have confidence that it will be a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank sag-actress

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was nicely decorated. Large bathroom and great location. Only con was lack of air conditioning. This required open windows which was not preferable when you have noisy neighbors. The rooms are close together and our neighbor would start yelling into his phone at 6:00 am. Needless to say we could hear the whole conversation. Such close quarters require closed window which means the rooms should have AC. It was in the 80's during our visit.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Bdl3
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Romantic, good location, very clean. I recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marinstay
Reviewed 29 May 2008

We stayed in the Homestead Inn for 2 nights last week. We had room #51, it was a good size for a couple,although the bathroom is a bit small. We enjoyed the scenery as well as the outside fireplace, although we wished it was lit longer in the evening. The area was quiet and peaceful. It was close or within walking distance to everywhere, especially the ocean. We will definetely stay here again soon.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
8  Thank CEdgecomb77
Reviewed 7 June 2006

Just got back from Carmel, and spent 2 comfortable nights there. I stayed in Rm 52, the largest of the accomodations this B&B offers.
Pluses: bed's pretty firm yet soft, the leather rocking chairs in the sitting area, the gas fireplace in the room, the outdoor fireplace (lit by request until 8 p.m.) outside the door, a few blocks from downtown Carmel
Minuses: bathroom's on the smallish side, B&B is hard to find (we initially found Carmel hard to navigate because we didn't realize all the street names are posted on the stop signs), continental breakfast served at the Mission Ranch tennis club about a mile away, curbside parking (a minor minus for us), rec room full of free weights and exercise machines at the Mission Ranch tennis club
Plus or Minus depending on point of view: the staff leaves at 8 p.m.
Thought I would post this since I couldn't find anything about this B&B when I was researching it.

21  Thank sflil2006