“First time for Dinner”

Ranked #41 of 154 Restaurants in Carmel
Price range: USD 1 - USD 75
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Cannelloni was excellent and the Pasta Carbonara was very good (although my wife said she likes her own better). Disappointing was the Charcuterie plate for $29.00. The Salamis were excellent but we all agreed that the prosciutto was leathery and tasteless. I had a similar plate at "The Forge" the day before that had better prosciutto and had two kinds of cheese for only $13.00. Service was excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We meet another couple periodically in Carmel, both of us traveling with our pooches. We've dined twice at Casanova, and liked it both times. We sat outside in the cool grey weather, but were warm as there are enough heaters. The food was interesting (steak tartare was offered, and was excellent) and we had a good time. My only criticism would be the price - things were expensive, and the wine list discouragingly so. Perhaps all Carmel restaurants are like that. But we had a fine time, and will go again.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Casanova Restaurant is one of the most well known local hot spots in town.The food is geared mostly toward French and Cointential European and is very good. It is a small and quaint place to eat.
Parking on street.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

With a name like Casanova I expected a touristy pasta/pizza joint, and we took a big loop through town to find another place. When we couldn’t we went to Casanova as it was just by our hotel. And I couldn’t have been more wrong about my expectation. The place is really genuine, really friendly staff and the food was absolutely delicious. The Osso Buco was one of the best I’ve ever had. Try the wine The Bridesmade, amazing!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have been to this restaurant 2 times and it never let me down.
The location and design are exceptional the food and service are the same.
Try the steak tartare it is incredible.
The friends I brought this time all said it was the best meal they had ever had.