All reviewspicnic basketbreakfast basketeach morninghot tubpastrieswithin walking distancecomfortable bedorange juiceyour doorstepstaff was helpful and friendlyfridge and microwavesmall balconyshops and restaurantsfew blocksgreat place to stayquiet locationking room
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We drove from Palm Springs heading home to Vancouver Canada (took a little detour)
We arrived around 3 pm and our room was ready - we booked two nights and we were aware we would be changing rooms and were fine with it, we stayed in room 105 (balcony overlooking parking lot) but decent room - next night stayed in room 120 with an ocean view, fire place (very nice) both rooms are large with fridge and micro, coffee ect..The service we received upon check in was fantastic, informative (where to shop, sight see. We loved the breakfast basket left at our door in the am. Upon check out I apparently forgot an important item - I received a call from the manager and she arranged to have it shipped to me - IMPRESSIVE SERVICE - OH and the rooms were extremely CLEAN!! We will be coming back!

Room Tip: We like room 120 as it had a decent view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great experience at the Horizon Inn. FYI, this hotel is a very good value for Carmel and the rooms are very clean, very nicely done and the property is beautiful. They have an outdoor spa which is also hard to find in this tiny town. I personally loved having the breakfast basket delivered to my front door, each day a bit different. The rooms have fridge, micro, toaster and coffee maker. Previous review talked about cold bagels, but I just popped mine in the toaster, so it was perfect! Great to be able to keep wine and drinks in the room, or a yummy leftover in the fridge and warm it up the next day. All the comforts of home. The staff and manager were all so friendly, I was ready to move in!! I travel to Carmel about 4 times per year and Horizon Inn is definitely my new go to place!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
HorizonCarmel, Manager at Horizon Inn & Ocean View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We very much enjoyed hosting you as well!

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Warm regards,

Dianna

Reviewed 16 March 2018

A mediocre, dated, over-priced, inconveniently-located place. Decor straight out of Lucy and Dezi, circa 1950s. "Breakfast" is a joke: cold bagels and packaged yoghurt delivered in a basket; go the village and find a coffee shop instead.

The big issue for me was being billed for "missing" bathrobes after I checked out. The robes were never there in the first place. Received a call about them. Explained the situation. Billed anyway. I am disputing the charge.

Mediocre venue. Dismal customer service. Don't bother.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard E
HorizonCarmel, Manager at Horizon Inn & Ocean View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

We understand that you are unhappy with us about the dispute. As you know, this matter is being handled and should be resolved shortly.

What surprises us is the negative remarks about the hotel. You were happy with us on your prior visits, and even reserved the same type room for this last stay.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Staff are lovely, the room was a little stuffy, but enjoyable overall. The town is something I can’t go over, the most beautiful I ever seen. No words to describe its beauty, a mix in between, people, places, location. Dream place !

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Reasonably priced, clean and pleasant property. Front desk personnel very pleasant and helpful. The room was quite spacious with a decent sized deck and view of the bay. Bed very comfortable. Loved the continental breakfast delivered to our door each morning in a wicker basket. Within walking distance of downtown Carmel by the sea and Carmel beach We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
HorizonCarmel, Manager at Horizon Inn & Ocean View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thank you for your review Patty!

We definitely hope to have you back with us again soon. Please contact us directly for information on our new Loyalty Rewards Program. It may interest you!

Warm regards,